The Golden Basilica One Hour Tour with Skip the Line Entry
Discover the famous St. Mark’s Basilica, one of the world's most beautiful cathedral, a masterpiece of Byzantine art shielding countless treasures and legendary stories,
The St. Mark’s Basilica is one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world, as well as the living example of the deep bound of Venice with the eastern world.
Since far back in time Venice was the place where Western and Eastern cultures run into each other, a deep bound embodied in this amazing cathedral. Here, we will learn more about the everlasting history of Venice, about St Mark and how his remains came to rest and be shielded here.
This is a tour not only to see Venice but to experience this city through its history and glorious past, still shining in its historical sites and legendary characters. Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays, our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of Byzantine art.
Among the priceless treasures shielded in the Basilica, we will have the chance to admire the Pala d’ Oro, a fine example of Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones and, of course, the golden mosaics, maybe the most famous feature of the cathedral.
- Learn about the everlasting history of Venice, about St Mark and how his remains came to rest and be shielded here.
- Our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of the unique masterpiece of byzantine art which surrounds the Basilica.
- Admire the Pala d’ Oro, a fine example of Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones
- See the Golden Mosaic which is possibly the most famous feature of the cathedral
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 1 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available Monday to Saturday at 12.00 from 1st April to 31st October
- The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: April 21st, 22nd and 25th, August 15th
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional Tour Guide
- Skip the line ticket
- Personal headphones to hear the guide better
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Languages: From Monday to Saturday in English, German, French and Spanish / Italian: Saturday
- Please wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
- For security reasons backpacks are not allowed (free deposit available in Calle San Basso)
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided