The Doge’s Palace Tour
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic.
You’ll live it together with a guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries.
You’ll be surprised if the rich details of the gold staircase, of the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building, you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova.
This tour has to be booked 3 days in advance.
- See the wonderful house of Ducal Palace
- Interesting facts about Venice's history and present
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 2 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The use of face mask is mandatory for the whole tour
- Children aged from 0-5 are free of charge
- This tour departs daily at 10:45 am
- Easy Cancellation4 days before reservation: free of charge 3 days before or no-show: 100% of penalties
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entrance tickets
- Local tour guide
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pick-up
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable footwear as a lot of walking will take place on this activity.
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late comers
- Masks are mandatory, please bring your own
- The tour will tbe provided rain or shine, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided