Gondola Ride and St. Marks Basilica with Skip the Line Entry
Explore Venice through a peaceful gondola ride and one of its symbols: The St Mark's Basilica. Venetian gondola is not only known for its elegance and the way it silently slides along the green channels of Venice. It did change over time and the parts it is made of also have symbolic meanings related to the city it is associated with.
Let us discover Venice as locals have been doing since far back in time, sliding among the narrow canals and admiring the masterpiece of architectures, water reflections and peace away from the crowded alleys.
During this ride, we will have the chance to admire some among Venice's most famous and beautiful sites seen from the water, a rare sight that can be seen only on a gondola.
And be ready for the last part of the ride, because it is the one that sees the gondola flowing into the Grand Canal, revealing breathtaking views over the most famous canal of Venice and over the Salute Church.
Please note that it is a shared gondola (up to six people for each one) so the gondola might be shared with other people.
Next follows a guided visit to one of the most renowned and amazing cathedrals in the world: The St Mark's Basilica. This is the place where Eastern and Western architecture run into each other, as majestic in its exteriors, the history it witnessed and represents is truly fascinating.
Here, we will learn more about the everlasting history of Venice, about St Mark and how his remains came to rest and are shielded here.
A tour not only to see Venice but also to experience this city through its history and glorious past, still shining in its historical sites and legendary characters. Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays, our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of Byzantine art.
- Relax and glide along the canals on a traditional Venetian Gondola
- See Venice from a different perspective on the water
- Visit one of the most renowned and amazing cathedrals in the world, St. Mark's Basilica
- Learn more about the everlasting history of Venice and about St Mark
- See the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays
- Let our professional guide take you along the history and the special features of the unique masterpiece of Byzantine art.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 2 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available Monday to Saturday at 11.00 from 1st April to 31st October 2019
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Qualified tour guide
- Skip the line entrance to the Basilica
- Personal audio System to hear better the guide
- Boarding assistance to the gondola
- Commentary of any sort during the gondola ride
- Food and drinks
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- Wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
- For security reasons backpacks are not allowed into the Basilica (free deposit available in Calle San Basso)
- This is a shared gondola (up to six people for each one) so the gondola might be shared with other people
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The Gondola Ride will take place also with rain, only in case of very heavy rain it might be cancelled and the tour will be refunded (if not taken another day/time)
- Languages: Everyday in English, German, French and Spanish / Italian: Saturday
- The tour will NOT take place on the following dates: April 25th, August, 15th
- Please note that once finished the gondola tour our staff will take you to the Basilica. So please do not spread out or go away after the gondola ride.
- Infants up to 1 year of age are free if seated on a parents lap
- The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: April 21st, 22nd and 25th, August 15th
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1