Gems of the Lagoon: Murano & Burano Islands Boat Tour from Venice
A half day tour by motorboat to discover the marvels of the lagoon surrounding Venice: Murano and Burano islands
Explore two of the three tiny and colorful islands of Murano, Torcello and Burano in a half-day sightseeing excursion by motorboat.
Watch a skilled glass blower create works of art in Murano, see evidence of Torcello’s glorious past and admire the picturesque fishermen's houses in Burano.
The first stop of our tour will be the island of Murano, since far back in time famous for the art of glass blowing. Since the 13th century, Murano has been the centre of Venice’s notorious glassmaking industry with techniques handed down from one generation to the next. Here, we will admire a master glass blower during his job.
Our next stop will be Burano, surely the most picturesque island of the Lagoon, thanks to its colourful and cheerful facades. According to a local legend, Burano got its rainbow appearance thanks to the fishermen that lived there, who used to paint their houses in bright and light colours so that they could find their way home while coming back from the sea. The island is also known internationally for its rare artisan lace.
Please note that this is a shared tour (not private boat and tour)
- Have the pleasure of traveling by Motorboat to the Islands
- Enjoy the athmosphere and sights on the Island of Murano
- Witness the tradition of Glassmaking on the Island Of Murano
- Spend time on possibly the most picturesque island of the Lagoon, Burano
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: June 9th
- This tour is available everyday at 11.00am from 1st March to 11th November 2019
- Check-in is 20 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Motor boat from/to Venice
- Visit to a glass factory in Murano
- Multilingual assistant
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Torcello island
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advised
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place even if it is raining
- Languages: multilingual assistance (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian)
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1