Family Friendly Venice Private Tour with St. Mark’s Basilica
During the Venice Tour for Families, kids and parents will learn about Venetian traditions and the history of the aristocratic families who ruled Venice when the city was known as the: “Queen of the Adriatic Sea”.
Your children will be the stars of the tour and your expert will keep them engaged, asking them questions and involving them throughout the tour. Located on more than 100 small islands separated by canals and linked by world famous bridges, such as Rialto, the city and its lagoon are listed among the World Heritage Sites.
Once a Republic, Venice was one of the most influential maritime powers during the Middle Ages and Renaissance periods. It was also an important centre of commerce (such as grain, silks, spices and other products) and home to many artists from the 13th up to the 17th century.
You will visit the amazing Doge’s Palace, once the main ruler of the Venetian Republic. Once the residence of the powerful Doge’s who ruled Republican Venice, you will again have priority entrance to avoid lines. Here you will learn all about this crucial period in Venetian history as you visit the Doge’s apartments and enjoy the marvellous works of art housed inside.
The next stop of the tour will be the romantic Bridge of Sighs (you will discover the origins of its unusual name!) and then you will proceed to St. Mark’s Square and Basilica; inside the church you will have the opportunity to admire the famous Golden Pall, the Basilica’s high altar universally recognized as one of the most refined and accomplished works of Byzantine craftsmanship, as it is adorned with over 2000 gems.
- Children will be the stars of the tour and your expert guide will keep them engaged
- Visit the amazing Doge’s Palace
- Walk the the romantic Bridge of Sighs
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 2 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour MUST be booked no less than 3 days in advance
- This tour is NOT available on Sunday Mornings
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Family friendly and knowledgeable Tour Guide
- Priority entrance tickets into Doge’s Palace
- 2-hour Private Tour
- Pick up and Drop off from hotels
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1