Explore Byzantine Venice & Enjoy a Gondola Ride
Discover the gems of Venice through a walking tour, a guided tour of the famous St. Mark’s Basilica and a ride on the iconic Venetian gondola.
This tour is composed of three parts: A walking tour, Gondola ride and guided tour of St. Marks Basilica. First, a walking tour that will allow us to discover Venice's most famous sites as well as its hidden gems.
An unforgettable way to discover Venice through its narrow alleys called “calli”, countless bridges and wide traditional and picturesque squares which are still the heart of Venetian people's social life.
Let our professional guide take you on an unforgettable journey among Venice's beauties and history.
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the elegant Doge’s Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie.
From St. Mark’s square, we will move forward to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where we will admire the SS. Giovanni e Paolo church with the famous Pantheon.
Follow the Scuola Grande di San Marco also knowns as “Great School of Charity” (the Captains of Fortune). Last but not least, head back to St. Mark’s and admire the Malibran Theatre, step through the famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
Please note that this tour does not include entrance to main sites such as the Doge's Palace. It is a walking tour, which will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided).
During the second part, we will admire Venice from the most beautiful and unique point of view: the water. We will get on a traditional Venetian gondola (shared one) and slide along the inner canals of Venice admiring its palaces and magic atmospheres.
Lastly is a guided tour of the most beautiful and celebrated cathedrals in the world: the St Mark's Basilica.
A tour which will let us marvel in front of the majesty and true beauty of the St Mark Basilica, the place where Eastern and Western architecture run into each other.
Here, we will learn more about the everlasting history of Venice, about St Mark and how his remains came to rest and are shielded here.
A tour not only to see Venice but also to experience this city through its history and glorious past, still shining in its historical sites and legendary characters. Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful golden mosaics and marble inlays, our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of Byzantine art.
- See the majestic St. Marks Basilica, the elegant Doge's Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie from the outside
- At Campo Santa Maria Formosa, we will admire the SS. Giovanni e Paolo church with the famous Pantheon
- Step through the famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
- Enjoy a trip on a traditional Gondola and admire Venice from a unique point of view
- A guided tour of the most beautiful and celebrated cathedrals in the world, St Mark's Basilica
- A professional guide who will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece of byzantine art.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Personal headsets to hear the guide better
- 25/30 minutes gondola ride (shared one, up to six people on one gondola)
- Qualified tour guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- The ride is on a shared gondola (up to 6 people per gondola)
- Please wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
- For security reasons backpacks are not allowed into the Basilica (free deposit available in Calle San Basso)
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide in Venice or bad weather it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
- This tour does not include the entrance to the Doge's Palace, only external explanations of the sites will be provided (with the exception of the Basilica which will be visited)