Doge's Palace Skip the Line Walking Tour in Venice
An afternoon tour to explore the Venice of the Doges through its symbolic palace and a pleasant walk.
The tour is composed of two parts: during the first one, we will visit the famous Doge’s Palace, one of the most important symbols of Venice. For centuries, it has represented the seat of the Venetian political power.
In its majestic rooms, the Duke and his Council for centuries controlled the fate of the Serenissima surrounded by hundreds of masterpieces of painting art. Strolling among its majestic halls and paintings, it will be like going back to the time of the Republic of the Serenissima.
The second part of the tour will take us off the beaten track discovering the hidden treasures of Venice, as well as the quieter and more charming corners of the city.
This beautiful walking tour will take us among some of the most suggestive corners of Venice, starting from La Fenice Theater (external). La Fenice is one of the major Opera theatres in Italy and in the world, every year hosting important Opera shows attracting Opera enthusiasts from all over the world.
Another particular and hidden corner we will discover is the "Scala of the Bovolo", an extraordinary example of Venetian architecture: gothic art mixed with renaissance style.
A tiny "calle" (Venice's alley) will take us to this hidden and precious architectural gem. Please note this part of the tour does not include entrance to main sites and it will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided).
During our walk, we will be escorted by our professional guide, who will make the tour even more captivating by telling interesting facts about Venice while visiting its most famous sites.
- Enjoy a tour of Doge's Palace and its majestic halls and paintings
- Be escorted by our professional guide, who will make the tour even more captivating by telling interesting facts about Venice while visiting its most famous sites.
- From St. Mark's square to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, SS.Giovanni e Paolo and Marco Polo house
- Enjoy the walking tour once you left the most crowded streets (called Calli)
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children from 0-5 are free of charge
- This tour is available everyday at 14.15 from 1st April to 31st October 2019
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- Live GuideEnglish
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Qualified tour guide
- Personal headphones to hear better the guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advised
- This walking tour does not include entrance to main sites and it will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided)
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide in Venice or bad weather it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1