Discover Venice on an Afternoon Walking Tour
An afternoon walk to discover the most unusual and characteristic corners of Venice
There is no better way to discover Venice than wandering among its alleys and peaceful canals.
Away from the crowded areas, Venice is a precious gem to be discovered.
The ones eager to really explore Venice will find a city that slowly reveals a deeper and more intimate side. A side filled with the people still living there with “campi” (Venice’s little squares) and the thriving “bacari” (local bars).
While strolling around, a passionate local guide will describe the surroundings as well as tell you interesting facts about life in a water city.
Venice also has a lot of history and culture, and important highlights will not be missing during the walk.
At first, head towards La Fenice Theater, one of the most famous Opera theatres in the world, attracting thousands of Opera lovers every year.
Another hidden gem is the “Bovolo Staircase”, a stunning staircase inspired by oriental architectures and a living example of the Venice’s bond with the East. The Bovolo staircase was named after “bovolo”, the Venetian word for snail, clearly referring to its original spiral shape. Although pretty hard to find, a visit to this little gem is really worth it.
Stroll around the elegant area surrounding Rialto Bridge, the most famous one in Venice, connecting the Sestieri (“districts”) of San Marco and San Polo. It was a busy crossing area in commercial life back in the day, always crawling with local and foreign merchants. Today, it is the most famous bridge among the ones crossing the Grand Canal, and still somehow preserves its ancient charm and atmosphere. In fact, Rialto is still the pulsing center of shops and commercial life in Venice, as well as home to the picturesque food and fish market of the city.
You will not actually cross Rialto Bridge, but enjoy a beautiful view of the famous bridge from a dock on the Grand Canal, photography lovers get ready!
- A passionate local guide will describe the surroundings as well as tell you interesting facts about life in a water city.
- Experience the more intimate side of Venice through the locals
- See La Fenice Theater, one of the most famous Opera theaters in the world, attracting thousands of Opera lovers every year.
- Visit the hidden gem, Bovolo Staircase, inspired by oriental architectures
- Enjoy a beautiful view of the famous Rialto Bridge from a dock on the Grand Canal
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 75 minutes
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- This tour is available everyday at 15.45 from 1st April to 31st October 2018
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Spanish
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional tour guide
- Personal headphones to hear the guide better
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Languages: English: Everyday in English and French / German: Monday & Friday / Spanish: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
- This tour does not include entrance to main sites and it will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided)
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1