Discover the Armenian Culture and Historical Presence in Venice
The city of Venice witnessed diplomatic, commercial and cultural exchanges with Armenians since the Middle Age: the old town is rich in monuments, buildings, churches, palaces, calli, campielli that refer to the Armenian presence.
The first stop will be the island of San Lazzaro degli Armeni, where a Mechitarist Father will take you to a really exclusive visit to the Monastery.
Then come back to Venice, and from Piazza San Marco reach Santa Croce Degli Armeni Church, near San Zulian. Here, not far away from the Piazza, lays the former Armenian district.
The Santa Croce Degli Armeni Church is a Venetian Baroque church with three 18th Century altars decorated with interesting paintings.
The last stop will be Palazzo Ca’ Zenobio, in Dorsoduro district. The palace has been hosting the Armenian College Moorat Raphael for 200 years, a former international education centre.
Its diploma was recognized by both the Italian and France Council. The piano nobile with its famous Hall of mirrors decorated with 18th Century frescoes represents a typical Venetian monumental room. Walk through the 19th Century garden among reddish-brown bushes, laurels, cypresses, scented pittosporum and rows of robinias.
- Expert Armenian guide throughout the tour
- A Mechitarist Father will take you to a really exclusive visit to the Monastery on the island of San Lazzaro degli Armeni
- Visit the Santa Croce degli Armeni Church, a Venetian Baroque church with three 18th Century altars decorated with interesting paintings located near Piazzo San Marco
- Explore Palazzo Ca'Zenobio in the Dorsoduro District, host to the Armenian College Moorat Raphael for 200 years
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour has to be booked at least 2 working days in advance
- Available on request ONLY
- The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: Nov. 1st and 21st, Dec. 8th, 24th,25th, 26th and 31st Jan 1st and 6th
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Visit of Santa Croce Church
- Visit of Ca’ Zenobio
- Armenian guide
- Transportation to San Lazzaro (7,50 € one way per person)
- Food and drinks
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- Visit of San Lazzaro degli Armeni (6€ per person)
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.