Deep Into Venice Morning Walking Tour & Gondola Ride
This tour will take you right to the heart of Venice, visiting the famous water city from two unique perspectives: first through a walking tour, which will take us among some of the most beautiful and hidden places surrounding St Mark's Square.
Then, through a gondola ride which will make us marvel in front of the games of reflections and majestic facades dotting the channels.
A unique way to discover Venice away from the crowded alleys and admiring it from the water. Our walk among the beauties of Venice will take us to discover some of its more famous sites as well as hidden gems.
The first highlight is St. Mark’s Square, with the description of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the elegant Doge’s Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie (only external).
From St. Mark’s Square, we will move forward to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where we will admire the SS. Giovanni e Paolo church with the famous Pantheon. Follow the Scuola Grande di San Marco also knowns as “Great School of Charity” (the Captains of Fortune).
Last but not least, head back to St. Mark’s and admire the Malibran Theatre, step through the famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
The second part of the tour will let us literally slide into the deepest side of Venice, admiring it from a unique perspective: the water. Maybe not many people know that the gondola is one of the main symbols of Venice, as emblematic of the famous water city as mysterious in its origins.
Not many people know that at the beginning this unique vessel was different from the one we can admire today, changing across time together with the city it is associated with. Of course, the history of the gondola is deeply bonded to the one of Venice.
Considered one of the most beautiful and elegant boats on Earth, it is built through unique techniques and that each part of it has symbolic meanings.
For example, its multi-pronged Ferro, or prow, does have five or six “Pettini”, symbolic of the six “Sestieri” in which Venice is divided into.
The function of this part made of iron is to balance gondolier’s weigh and it has an “S” shape evoking the flow of the Canal Grande. Not only elegance and beauty then, a whole world embodied into this boat nowadays a symbol of Venice. Let yourself experience in first person the gondola through this tour.
An enchanting and relaxing way to enjoy the colours, lights, sights, charm and beauty of Venice. We will admire elegant bank-side palaces, unique bridges and breathe the charming and magic atmosphere that only a town built on the water can give you.
Board assistance will be provided, no commentary included during the ride. We will take a place on the Gondola (max 6 people per Gondola, shared one) and let the local gondolier, with his distinctive blue and white striped shirt, bring us along the hidden channels of Venice.
Please note that it is a shared gondola (up to six people for each one) so the gondola might be shared with other people.
- See the majestic St. Marks Basilica, the elegant Doge's Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie from the outside
- At Campo Santa Maria Formosa, we will admire the SS. Giovanni e Paolo church with the famous Pantheon
- Step through the famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
- Discover the deepest side of Venice from a unique perspective, the water
- On the Gondola be enchanted and relax as you enjoy the colors, lights, sights, charm and beauty of Venice.
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 2 to 3 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- This tour is available everyday at 09.00 from 1st April to 31st October
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Qualified tour guide
- Personal headphones to hear the guide better
- 30 minutes ride on the Gondola
- Boarding assistance on the gondola
- Entrance to the main historical sites
- Commentary during the gondola ride
- Food and drinks
- Hotels pickup/drop off
- Please note this tour does not include entrance to main sites and it will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided).
- Please note that it is a shared gondola (up to six people for each one) so the gondola might be shared with other people
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The Gondola Ride will take place also with rain, only in case of very heavy rain or exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and the tour will be refunded (if not taken another day/time)
- Please note that once finished the walking tour our staff will take you to the gondola station for the gondola ride, so please do not spread out or go away after the walking tour
- Languages: English: Everyday in English, German, French and Spanish / Italian: Saturday
- Children 0-1 year old go free if seated on a parents lap
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1