Absolute Venice Includes Skip the Line Walking Joining Tour
A full immersion into Venice and its everlasting symbols: The Doge's Palace, the Basilica of St Mark and a beautiful walking tour.
This tour combination is the right one for those who crave a full immersion into Venice and its everlasting symbols. A tour not only to see Venice but to experience this City through its history and glorious past, still shining in its historical sites and legendary characters.
A walking tour, to explore the hidden corners of the city and to learn interesting facts about life in a water city and the past of Venice.
The Doge’s Palace, Venice’s symbol and architectural masterpiece.
The Basilica: One of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world
Our combo will start with a beautiful walking tour which will take us among the most hidden and peaceful corners of Venice.
An unforgettable tour to discover Venice through its narrow alleys called “calli”, countless bridges and wide traditional and picturesque squares, still the heart of Venetian people's social life.
We will discover the famous sites as well as hidden gems mixed with interesting facts about the city of the Serenissima and its everlasting history.
The first highlight of the walking tour is St. Mark’s square, with the description of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the elegant Doge’s Palace, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie (only external, for now).
From St. Mark’s Square, we will move forward to Campo Santa Maria Formosa, where we will admire the SS. Giovanni e Paolo Church with the famous Pantheon. Follow the Scuola Grande di San Marco also knowns as “Great School of Charity” (the Captains of Fortune).
Last but not least, head back to St. Mark’s and admire the Malibran Theatre, step through the famous Mercerie, once the pulsing heart of commercial life back in time, nowadays Venice’s main shopping district between Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square.
Please note that this first part of the tour will completely take place outside and it does not include any admittance to local sites.
The second part of this tour starts with a visit to one of the most famous symbols of Venice: The Doge’s Palace which is one of the most important symbols of Venice. For centuries, it has represented the seat of the Venetian political power. In its majestic rooms, the Duke and his Council ruled the fate of the Most Serene Republic for centuries, surrounded by hundreds of art masterpieces. Today, the symbol of Venice and its power is still standing in all its beauty and majesty, every day taking travellers' breath away.
A ticket allows entry without waiting in line. Audio-receiver device included.
Another undisputed symbol of Venice is the St Mark Basilica, a beautiful example of Byzantine architecture where Eastern and Western architecture run into each other. Here, we will learn more about the everlasting history of Venice, about St Mark and how his remains came to rest and be shielded here. Surrounded by the Basilica’s beautiful gold mosaics and marble inlays, our professional guide will take us along the history and the special features of this unique masterpiece.
Among the priceless treasures shielded in the Basilica, we will have the chance to admire the Pala d’ Oro, a fine example of Byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones and, of course, the golden mosaics, maybe the most famous feature of the cathedral.
Please wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders), for security reasons backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica (free deposit available in Calle San Basso).
- With this tour, you will experience Venice through its history and glorious past
- On the walking tour see St. Mark's Square, Clock Tower, The Procuratie, Santa Maria Formosa, Campo and Church SS. Giovani e Paolo and Mercerie
- Explore The Doge's Palace, one of the most famous symbols of Venice
- Learn the history and see a beautiful example of Byzantine architecture with a visit to St. Mark Basilica
- See Spectacular priceless treasures in the Basilica
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available Monday to Saturday at 09.00 from 1st April to 31st October 2019
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Qualified tour guide
- Personal headphones to hear better the guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup/drop off
- Please wear appropriate clothes to enter the Basilica (no bare knees or shoulders)
- For security reasons backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica (free deposit available in Calle San Basso)
- No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
- The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided
- Because of safety reasons all visitors have to get through metal detector checks, which might lead to a short line to enter the palace even if having a skip-the line access
- Languages: From Monday to Saturday in English, German, French and Spanish / Italian: Saturday
- The tour will NOT operate during the following dates: April 21st, 22nd and 25th, August 15th
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1