Rome in 1 Day: Vatican Museums & Underground Rome
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. You won't have to worry about waiting in long lines on this tour!
Start your tour by visiting the Vatican Museums. No trip to Rome is complete without a visit to the Vatican Museums. Home to 54 different galleries including four statue museums: Museo Pio-Clementino, Museo Chiaramonti, Museo Gregoriano Etrusco and the Museo Gregoriano Egiziano. These museums are home to some of the most famous works of art in the world, with artists including Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Raphael and Giotto, to name a few. An experience that will surely inspire the art lover in anyone.
Next, explore The Sistine Chapel. The 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums is the famed Sistine Chapel. It is arguably the most famous chapel in the world due to the artworks located within. View many of the most famous frescoes in the world, including the famous ceiling and "The Last Judgement" painted by Michelangelo. Not only does the Sistine Chapel hold some of the world's most precious works of art, it is still used for religious purposes such as the "Conclave": the election of a new Pope.
Visit St. Peter's Basilica, the most important pilgrimage site for Catholics. St. Peter's is also the biggest Basilica in the world. A unique example of eclectic architecture, reaching the peak of its beauty in the Baroque era, in the 1600's.
Complete the tour with a journey through the major Christian Basilicas, Catacombs and ancient streets of Rome. See the Holy Staircase and visit inside the Basilica of St.John in Lateran - the Cathedral of Rome - and St. Mary Major; then proceed along the ancient Appian Way, passing the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis before arriving at the Catacombs, the ancient underground cemeteries and hiding places of the Christians.
- See Raphael’s Rooms
- Explore the Sistine Chapel
- Witness the famous St. Peter's Basilica
- Have lunch in a typical Italian Restaurant
- See the main Christian Basilicas & the Holy Stairs
- Explore the secret underground Catacombs
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children aged 0 - 2 are free of charge
- Tours do not operate on the 2nd of April, 1st of May, 29th of June and 14th/15th of August D
- Departs Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays except religious holidays
- Pick-up servicePick up from your central Rome hotel.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional guide
- Entrance tickets with no line
- This tour visits religious sites, and there is a dress code to be observed. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats are allowed.
- The Basilica is an active place of worship and may be closed without prior notice for religious events: in this case, the visit will be substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library
- Please specify if you want the tour in English, Spanish or German from November through March and in English, Spanish, German or French from April through October