Private Vatican Tour Including Cabinet of the Masks Access
Book Our Vatican Tour With Cabinet of the Masks and Enjoy a Unique Tour
First of all, you will enter the Vatican Museums ahead of the opening to the general public, to avoid the crowds of the day.
Second, you will visit not only the highlights of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica.
But the cherry on the cake will be the exclusive visit to the Cabinet of the Masks, a part of the Museums which is usually closed to the general public.
The visit will start when you meet your private guide, just outside the entrance to the Vatican Museums.
The meeting will be at 7:30 am and your guide will begin immediately to explain the history of the Vatican. You will enter the Museums at 8 am: stepping inside one hour before opening to the general public you’ll find the galleries less crowded, and you will have a wonderful experience. The guide will expertly guide your group through the Vatican Museums’ extensive galleries, to let you intake all about the history and art of the works contained in the Museums.
Our clients will have one more special treat: with this tour, you will have the chance to visit the famous Cabinet of the Masks. This area is usually precluded to visitors, but it is very worth visiting! Its name comes from the beautiful Roman mosaics depicting masks that enrich its floor.
Your tour will continue with the most important part of the Vatican, Michelangelo’s masterpiece Sistine Chapel. The earlier access will allow you to admire its beauty with a limited number of visitors and to enjoy it fully.
A special passageway will let you enter St Peter’s Basilica: you will avoid one more queue! Your guide will explain all about the most important Church in the world, pointing out at the art and architecture contained.
Choose our Private Vatican Tour with Cabinet of the Masks: enjoy it at best with our skip the line early entrance, access to a restricted gallery all with the expertise of a knowledgeable private guide!
The tour includes the Vatican Galleries including Cabinet of the Masks, Tapestry gallery, Maps gallery, Raphael’s Rooms, Sistine Chapel, Basilica of St. Peter and Peter’s Square.
- Visit the Vatican Museums’ extensive galleries
- Discover the most important part of the Vatican, Michelangelo’s masterpiece in the Sistine Chapel
- Tour the beautiful Basilica of St. Peter's with Michelangelo's Pietà
- An exclusive visit to the Cabinet of the Masks, a (part of the Museums usually closed to the general public)
- Enter the Vatican Museums ahead of the opening to the general public
- If you are travelling with kids and you want them to have an engaging experience, don’t worry. Let us know, and we will provide you with a top child-friendly guide!
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour MUST be booked no less than 3 days in advance
- Adult price applies to all participants
- This tour is available every day except Wednesday, Sundays and Religious Holiday
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 3 hours and a half private guide
- Special access to the Cabinet of the Masks
- Special VIP entrance at 8 am, one hour before the general opening
- Pick up and Drop off from hotels
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Please note that when the Basilica of St. Peter is closed for religious functions, you will spend longer time in the Vatican galleries with your private guide.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1