Papal Audience & Ancient Rome Group Tour
Get a guaranteed admission at the Papal Audience in either St. Peter's Square or Nervi Hall. Experience seeing Pope Francis and listening to him welcome pilgrims, impart his blessing and lead the prayers. Thanks to our secured priority admission to the event, we will pick you up in the early morning from your hotel (or Gray Line Rome Office) and transport you to the Vatican. Live an intensely spiritual moment side-by-side with people from around the world. Feel free to pray or merely observe one of the most incredible, long-standing traditions in the Catholic world.
Your experience includes a short panoramic tour of via Nazionale, Piazza Venezia, Corso Vittorio, Corso Rinascimento and the Lungotevere, with drop-off at Piazza dei Tribunali (located about 1 mile/1,6 km from St. Peter’s Basilica). To reach the Basilica, your group will walk past Castel Sant’Angelo and via Della Conciliazione. You will check in with our guaranteed tickets at the square, passing through a metal detector. Our experienced and professional guide will take you to a spot where you will have an excellent view of the ceremony.
After the audience, you will be accompanied to a typical Roman restaurant nearby to enjoy a meal before heading to the Colosseum Area for your afternoon tour. The benefit of complimentary transportation to the Colosseum. With this tour, you'll access the Colosseum with a priority skip-the-line ticket.
Walk in the footsteps of Giants on this guided tour through the heart of the Roman Empire. Travel back in time, embraced by 360 degrees of jaw-dropping Roman architecture. Learn the history behind it all, from the minute to the magnificent. Pause to contemplate the genius that took the Colosseum from concept to reality in 70-80AD, centuries before the advent of modern engineering. Once the most famous meeting place in the world, the Colosseum is estimated to have once held 50,000-80,000 spectators.
Your pass allows you to skip hours of long lines to enter the Colosseum directly. Once inside, breath in the bloody past of the amphitheatre brought to life by your passionate, expert guide. Standing for nearly two millennia, the structure has been a symbol of both glory and scorn, serving vastly different purposes over the course of history.
Just outside, you'll see the magnificent Arch of Constantine. Continuing our walking tour, discover the excavated ruins of the Roman Forum Archaeological Site, where many structures remain intact to this day. For a city founded in 753 BC, this is no small feat. Continue exploring the breathtaking Palatine Hill, ending your tour with a deeper connection to the history of Rome and a strong foundation of knowledge to continue exploring Rome.
Important: Due to limited sunlight in winter (November-March) the afternoon tour will visit Capitoline Hill instead of Palatine. From Capitoline Hill, you will admire the best view on the Roman Forum for your best picture, monuments and sculptures decorating the square designed by Michelangelo.
We will bid you farewell to continue exploring the area on your own or return to your hotel.
- Guaranteed Public Audience with the Holy Father
- Receive the Papal Blessing
- Receive the Blessing of the Rosary beads (Rosary not included)
- Enjoy a typical Italian meal in a local restaurant
- Reach the Archaeological Area with our complimentary transport service
- Visit the Colosseum (skip-the-line tickets included)
- Visit Capitol Hill (winter departures)
- Visit Palatine Hill (summer departures)
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Tour ends at 17:30 PM approx. in the Archaeological Area
- The audience starts at 7:30 AM, according to the Holy Father
- Tour only operates on Wednesdays
- Children aged 0 - 2 are free of charge
- Tours do not operate on the 1st of May and religious holidays
- Pick-up servicePick up from your central Rome hotel (Listed hotels only)
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 7 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hotel pick-up (only in listed hotels in central Rome)
- Booking and pick-up of the Papal Audience tickets
- Guaranteed admission to the Audience
- Entrance tickets with no-line to Archaeological Area
- Professional Guide
- Drop-off service at the hotel
- Optional Gratuities
- No revealing clothing should be worn and shoulders should be well covered
- It is forbidden to bring strollers, have bulky bags and carry umbrellas on your person
- If you have a metal coated pacemakers, all relevant paperwork/ID cards should be carried for security checks
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the Colosseum.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1