Experience Assisi with a Small Group Tour
Meet your guide at 10:30 am and visit the old Roman ruins of the local amphitheatre, which was reused in the Middle Ages as a quarry for stones to build local houses. You will also see how the amphitheatre was turned into a private neighbourhood. From here the view toward Rocca Maggiore medieval castle is one of the best in the city.
Through narrow alleys and medieval squares, you will reach Saint Rufino’s Cathedral and Saint Claire's Basilica, before continuing to the main city square, Piazza del Comune. At the square, you will see one of the best-preserved Roman temples in Italy – Minerva's Temple – which is surrounded by imposing medieval government buildings.
The tour will then head down to the Basilica of Saint Francis which is world-famous for its 13th/14th-century frescoes by the best painters of Italy at that time. Among those, the most famous is Giotto.
Come to Assisi and explore with a guide the history, art, and local traditions of one of the most famous hill towns of Italy.
- St. Francis Basilica
- The Roman Minerva Temple
- The spiritual Santa Claire Basilica
- Spectacular views of Rocca Maggiore Medieval Castle
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Professional guide
- Tips Gratuities
- Entrance fees (2,50 euro per person)
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring your sunscreen if visiting in summer