Half-Day Pisa and Chianti Tour
Pisa has become one of the most visited cities in not only Italy but in the whole of Europe. While it offers great experiences when it comes to art and history, there are two main reasons why the city is so famous; the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Chianti Wine region. In this Half-Day Pisa and Chianti Tour, you will get to meet other visitors to the city and spend time with them as you learn all about Pisa and then the famous wine region.
Here are some fun facts about the Leaning Tower to get you in the mood;
- It was completed in 1372 and steadily started drifting soon after thanks to inadequate foundations; the foundations themselves were actually laid in 1173
- At its peak, the landmark reached over 180 feet tall
- A number of techniques have been used throughout history to prevent the Leaning Tower from leaning any further including counterweights
- In 2008, Construction work was completed, and it was announced that the Tower would remain stable for at least the next 200 years
- In 2010, reports suggested that the landmark may have actually straightened by 2.5cm
In the Half-Day Pisa and Chianti Tour, we will show you all this and more as you learn everything there is to know regarding the past, present, and future of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. After finishing here, we will take a short trip to Chianti where the tour will continue with an in-depth look at wine and the surrounding wineries in the countryside. A typical ‘Chianti Wine’ has to be made up of at least 80% Sangiovese grapes and most actually prefer to use 100%. There is nothing more relaxing than learning about world-famous wine while looking out over the greenery that is the countryside.
Hopefully, everyone that chooses to come with us will not only see Pisa and the Chianti region but really experience it and take the home knowledge that will be repeated to friends, family members, and colleagues alike.
Half-Day Pisa and Chianti Tour (INFO)
- Departure from 10am or 3pm
- Price per person from € 68.00 - € 250.00
Average Rating For
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1
5 / 5.0