Eat Pisa Like a Local Afternoon Food Tour
The Pisa food tour is a 4 hour long walking tour which will introduce you to the real city of Pisa – right up to and beyond the iconic Leaning Tower.
This is a unique experience, to enjoy this unpretentious university city, where you will have the opportunity to eat and drink with the locals away from the tourist traps. Understanding the traditions and culture behind the food.
In addition to eating and drinking your way through the streets of Pisa, you will see the City from a different angle – discover hidden lanes, photograph the city from unusual places, see the Leaning Tower and other famous monuments. You will learn about the history of the city and also about the everyday life of the people living in Pisa.
You'll meet your guide at the fountain next to the Leaning Tower. After a brief introduction to the history of the monumental complex of the Cathedral of Pisa, we will move to the centre of the city for our culinary tour.
The tour will include 6 authentic food stops with several tastings where you will get the chance to meet the people who provide the gastronomic services to the city’s residents and workers.
We will start with a typical Italian"aperitivo" and end four hours later with ‘Gelato’. Somewhere in-between you will sample the traditional Pisan "cecina", local street food like the genuine "porchetta", a slice of the local typical pizza, pasta, Tuscan cheeses and cold-cuts.
Sip on a glass of Chianti, try the simple wines which the locals drink with lunch and savour the flavour of quality Italian coffee.
There will be plenty of food to try during the tour - the advice is to have a light breakfast or lunch before arriving at the meeting point for the beginning of the tour.
- Eat where the local eat
- Learn about the local culinary traditions
- Fully narrated 4 hour experience
- 4 hour walking Urban Food & Wine Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Available March - October
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Experienced local guide
- 6 stops with all food and drinks
- Fully narrated 4 hour walking culinary tour
- Transportation to meeting place
- Wear comforatble shoes
- Have a light breakfast/lunch before attending the tour