Combo Siena: Palio Tour & Local Street Food
Food Tour of Siena: Travelling is knowing different traditional flavors of an area. The goal of the food tour is to let people know the Sienese dishes, savory and sweet.n
After the meeting with the tour guide, who will explain in detail every dish rich in history and curiosity, the group will head to the first stop where you can taste mixed crostini, salami, and cheese with a good glass of Chianti. The second stop will focus on truffles, the precious and well-known tuber, that make all those who do not know it crazy.n
After the starter, it is the turn of the first course, in a typical tavern just a few steps from the magnificent Piazza del Campo. Here, according to seasons, you can taste typical dishes like panzanella, pici with crumbs, tomato soup and pici with garlic. At the end of the tour, the guide will bring the group in the San Domenico area, where a shop of local products will be the final taste of typical sweets: cantucci, panforte, ricciarelli, with a good glass of Vin Santo. Palio tour: To say you know a place you have to know its traditions. In Siena, it’s all about the Palio, the centuries-old traditions formed around a horse race that takes place twice a year, in Piazza del Campo.n
Taking part in this 1-hour tour, you will get a chance to discover the history and the tradition behind this important horse race. You will visit one of the 17 districts (Contrade) and the guide will show you the district’s fountain, where children are baptized. After that, you will have an exclusive guided tour of the Contrada’s museum, where the ‘Standards’, the banners were given to the winning Contrada, and the traditional medieval costumes of the Contrada’s members are exhibited.
- Visit the museum of an historical Contrada of Siena
- Admire Piazza del Campo, a jewel of Medieval architecture
- Revive traditions dating centuries, back to Medieval age.
- At least 4 Food Stops to taste the traditional local flavors and wines!
- Discover with us the most delicious local street food of Siena’s tradition
- VIP experience in our Small Group tour: 18 people or less
- Stroll through the city with our local guide and discover the most important tradition of Siena: Palio
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 2 hour
- This tour is available: Everyday except for Palio days: June 29 and 30, July 1 and 2, August 13, 14, 15 and 16
- Tasting of typical products food and wines samples (4 stops) -
- 2h walking tours
- Tasting of typical products food and wines samples (4 stops)
- Food, drinks and any other service not specified
- Personal expenses
Palio walking tour start at 10 am and finishes at 11.00 am
Food tour start at 12.30 pm and finishes at 1.30 pm