2 Hour Morning Pisa Walking Tour Off The Beaten Path
From March to mid-November, my walking tour will introduce you to the real city of Pisa – right up to, and beyond, the iconic Leaning Tower.
The itinerary is absolutely easy going, wheelchair accessible and the walking is always at a leisurely pace.
This is a unique way to enjoy this unpretentious university city; you will have the opportunity to learn about its history and monuments, but also the everyday life of this small and lively medieval Tuscan town. See the city from a different angle, discover hidden lanes, photograph the city from unusual places, and, of course, see the Leaning Tower along with its famous neighbouring monuments.
The tour starts at 9.45am from the fountain in front of the railway station and ends at 11.45am at the monumental complex of the Cathedral and Leaning Tower where, after a general introduction about the history of the complex, you can continue your day in Pisa exploring on your own.
DETAILS Meet your guide at 9.45am at the fountain right in front of the train station. The guide will be easy to recognize with a sign saying Pisa Walking Tours.
The meeting place is very conveniently located: if you arrive in Pisa by car, you have an underground parking facility available right in the nearby Piazza Vittorio Emanuele; if you arrive by train, you will find your guide as soon as you come out of the station, at the large unmissable fountain. Express trains are departing from Florence every hour. The train that you need to catch to get to the meeting point on time leaves Florence at 8:28 a.m. and arrives in Pisa at 9:28 a.m.
Leaving from the fountain, we start exploring the city from the south and make our way up to the Leaning Tower on the northern side, learning about the four districts that Pisa is divided into - all inside the medieval perimeter wall.
After visiting the mural by Keith Haring, the largest he ever painted and the only one meant to be permanent, we stroll along the busy and pedestrian shopping hub, Corso Italia, slowly making our way up to the river Arno where we can enjoy the views from the riverbanks and visit the districts of San Antonio and San Martino which feature many highlights.
After crossing the river we go through the very heart of Pisa, walking along the historical Borgo Stretto and visiting the districts of San Francesco (Galileo's neighbourhood) and Santa Maria.
Before arriving at the Cathedral and Leaning Tower there will be a stop at the beautiful Piazza dei Cavalieri, originally the heart of the Medieval Maritime Republic of Pisa, and then completely redesigned at the end of the Sixteenth Century by Florentine architects.
- Morning walking tour, starting at 9.45am
- Visit the world famous Square of Miracles and Leaning Tower
- Explore the Medieval heart of the city
- Learn about its history, traditions and everyday life
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 2 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Disability ServicesThe walking tour is wheelchair accessible - Assistance not guaranteed. When needed the disabled person must be accompanied
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Entrance to some public places along the itinerary
- Professional local tour guide
- Fully narrated 2 hour walking tour
- Entrance to monuments
- Transportation to meeting point
- The itinerary is absolutely easy going, wheelchair accessible and the walking is always at a leisurely pace.
- The tour is family and children friendly
- Wear comfortable shoes
- The tour is available every morning from Tuesdays to Saturdays, from March till November