Jewish Bolzano Private 3 Hour Tour
Meet your guide and private driver at the designated meeting point and then set off on this 3 hours tour to discover the town's Jewish history.
Start first with the visit of the site and wall of the Concentration Camp of Bolzano, one of the 4 concentration camps of Italy but the only one linked to forced labour camps. From the summer of 1944 until April 1945, about 11,000 people (men, women, children) were kept prisoners here.
Continue with a stop at the rail track (Die Transporte), from where 13 wagons with prisoners were shipped to the trans-alpine concentration camps of Dachau, Mathausen, Flossenbürg, Ravensbruck and Auschwitz.
Continue to the City Cemetery and in the Jewish sector visit of the memorial remembering the 96 Jewish South Tyrol residents deported by the Nazi and perished in the local camp.
Last stop before reaching the historical centre is the memorial for the forced labour situated next to the Virgolo Gallery, once important arms factory of ball bearings, where camp prisoners were used for labour.
Walking tour of the medieval historical centre where you will learn about the importance of Bolzano as a privileged trade centre on the Transalpine Augsburg-Venice route and the presence of a Jewish community dated back to the XIV century.
During the walk, your guide will point out “Stolpesteine” brass plate covering cobblestones, inscribed with the name and life dates of Bolzano Jewish residents, victims of the Nazi persecution. The tour ends in front of Cafè Mozart.
- Visit the Jewish cemetery and main memorials dedicated to the Jewish victims
- Learn about the Nazi occupation and visit the remains of the concentration camp
- Discover Bolzano's interesting history and Jewish Heritage
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, Italian
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, Italian
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- A min of two people per booking is required
- Tour is operated every day all year around besides Italian National Holidays