Tour of Sicily and Archipelago of Malta
Our 8-day itinerary is carried out between two of the most beautiful islands of the Mediterranean Sea.
In the beginning, you will see Palermo and Monreale, which are famous for their Arab-Norman Cathedrals and their history made by different dominations and cultures.
Through the Sal Road, you can reach Marsala, where there are some of the oldest salt-extracting industries of the world. You will proceed to Selinunte and Agrigento, old Greek towns UNESCO sites, and Piazza Armerina, popular for the mosaics inside of Villa Romana del Casale.
Later, we admire the Baroque Ragusa Ibla, which is well-known thanks to the Commissario Montalbano television series.
The tour continues to Malta and its archipelago, discovering Valletta and Mdina. You will walk on the city walls of Cottonera and a sea excursion will bring you to Blue Grotto, Golden Bay and Blue Lagoon to have a dip in very bright water.
Finally, you will definitely fall in love with the breath-taking panorama of Comino and Gozo.
Available from March 2019
- Half board accomodation
- Dedicated Tour Leader and professional guide for the whole tour
- Visit of the major UNESCO sites
- Selection of refined 4* hotels
- Wine tasting of typical Sicilian products
- GIFT: an illustrated book of the most delicious Sicilian recipes
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available 26th of March to 25th of June 2019 | 2nd of July to 24th of September 2019 | 1st of October to 12th of November 2019
- Easy CancellationThe cancellation policy for this tour is: -From 29 to 21 (working) days before the arrival 10% of penalty - From 20 to 12 (working) days before the arrival 30% of penalty - From 11 to 7 (working) days before the arrival 50% of penalty - From 6 to 4 (working) days before the arrival 70% of penalty - From 3 days to the day of the arrival 100% of penalty
- On Request
- Multilingual Tour leader and professional travel guide (English, Italian, Spanish) from the evening of the 1st day to the evening of the 4th day, local guides or audio-guides where necessary
- High class buses or 25/28 seats Gran Confort minibuses (from the 2nd day to the 4th)
- Accommodation in charming 4 stars hotels mostly located in the city centre of the main Sicilian towns. Half board basis (dinner – 3 main courses fixed menu, beverages not included) to have a taste of Sicilian and Italian cuisine.
- Visit of the main suggestive UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Palermo, Monreale, Selinunte, Agrigento, Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina, Ragusa, Modica.
- Tasting of typical Sicilian products: Palermo (day 2): tasting of local street food; Marsala (day 2): visit of a wine cellar and wine tasting; Ragusa (day 4): tasting of local cheese.
- 4 nights in 4* hotels – BB treatment (bed and breakfast)
- Private Transfer from Ragusa to Pozzallo and from La Valletta harbour to your Hotel
- Virtu Ferries Ticket one way Pozzallo-Malta
- 1 excursion to the Blue Lagoon, Comino, Gozo and The Caves (3rd day in Malta)
- 1 full day excursion with private driver (2nd day in Malta)
- 1 half-day excursion with a private driver-guide (1st day in Malta)
- Private transfer from Ragusa to Pozzallo harbour
- All meals in Malta
- Entrance fees for monuments/museums
- City taxes (where compulsory)
- All lunches in Sicily
The 8-days tour begins from the charming city of Palermo (optional private transfer on request). Meet with our tour-leader, dinner and overnight in hotel.
The tour begins with the discovery of Palermo. At the foot of Mt Pellegrino, this city is still today melting-pot of different cultures and traditions because of its dominations. We will visit the wonderful Arab-Norman Cathedral, the astonishing Martorana Church, one of the most beautiful Byzantine churches in Italy and the amazing Cappella Palatina, a mirable example of the Byzantine, Muslim and Latin culture coexistence. Continuing our walk, we will admire the Teatro Massimo and the debated fountain in Pretoria Square. There will be also a stop for a food surprise in the famous Antica Focacceria San Francesco. Free time for lunch. In Monreale, you will be fascinated by the mosaics of Norman Cathedral and its splendid Cloister. Later on, we will continue to Marsala in whose port Garibaldi landed in 1860. Visit of a prestigious wine cellar and wine tasting. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
On the well-known Salt Road, we will discover the town of Marsala and the islands of Stagnone, looking at some of the oldest salt-extracting industries of the world. After this, we will stop in Selinunte to visit the ruins of the old Greek city and its temples, which are set in largest Archaeological Park in the whole Mediterranean and World Heritage Site. Free time for lunch. In the afternoon, departure to Agrigento and visit of the Valle dei Templi, stated World Heritage Site; among the rests of the ancient Akragas, defined by Pyndar “the most beautiful city of mortals”, you will find the “Temple of Hera”, the “Temple of Concordia” and the “Temple of Heracles”. Accommodation in hotel, dinner and overnight.
Breakfast in the hotel and departure to Piazza Armerina; here, we will admire the splendid Villa Romana del Casale, dated in the late-imperial period and Unesco Site, it hosts prestigious mosaics. In the afternoon, we will move to Ragusa Ibla, popular for being the set of the Commissario Montalbano tv series. The city is Unesco site too and it is representative for the Sicilian baroque with its churches and the “Giardino Ibleo”. Transfer to Pozzallo harbour, boarding on the catamaran to reach Malta. Arrive to Valletta and private transfer to your hotel. Free dinner and overnight.
After breakfast in hotel, you will visit the capital Valletta and its ancient palaces. In St. John Cathedral is treasured a Caravaggio masterpiece. Going through the Barraca Gardens, you will arrive to Grand Master’s Palace, nowadays seat of the Maltese Parliament. Our tour continues on to Mdina, the former capital of Malta. Free time to walk along its lovely streets and transfer to your hotel. Free afternoon. Overnight at your hotel.
Full day excursion with private driver to discover the beauty of this magical Island. You will reach Cottonera also known as “The Three Cities”. Afterwards you will visit the charming fishing village of Marsaxlokk whose waterfront is decorated with traditional colorful fishing boats called “luzzi”. Free time to go shopping to the famous local market. After embarking on an excursion sea towards the famous Blue Grotto, a natural cave that reflects the fluorescent colors of the underwater flora, you will proceed in the direction of Dingli. We will conclude our journey in direction of the Golden Bay, in Mellieha, one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. Free time to enjoy the place and for a refreshing swim. Return to your hotel. Overnight.
After breakfast in hotel, our driver will pick you up. You will be accompanied to Bugibba, where you will board on a comfortable boat for an excursion in the Maltese archipelago. You will live a wonderful experience of a fantastic mini cruise to the island of Comino; you relax in the famous Blue Lagoon, do sunbathing and have a swim. Afterwards you will reach Gozo, where you will discover the most charming places of the island, such as the capital Victoria with its historic market the Citadelle and St. Georges square. At the end of tour, you will return on board to circumnavigate Comino and visit the famous caves. Return to Bugibba at late afternoon. Transfer to your hotel and overnight.
After the breakfast in hotel, check-out and end of services.
- EXTRA FEES ENTRANCES* : Sicily: - Palermo Cappella Palatina € 8,50 p.p. - Palermo Martorana Church € 2,00 p.p. - Palermo Cathedral € 3,00 p.p. - Monreale Cathedral € 4,00 p.p. - Monreale Cloister € 6,00 p.p. - Selinunte Archeological Park € 6,00 p.p. - Pi
- EXTRA FEES ENTRANCES* : Malta: - Casa Rocca Piccola € 9,00 p.p. - St John Cathedral € 7,50/€ 10,00 p.p. - Grand Master’s Palace € 6,00/€ 10,00 p.p. - St Paul Cathedral € 5,00 p.p. * (To be confirmed)
- Single room supplement on request
- Transfers from/to the airport on request
- Pre/Post-night in Malta upon request