Short Tour of Sicily from Catania 6 Days
The first stage of the tour will be the town of Syracuse, UNESCO site, with its majestic Archaeological Park of Neapolis. Here, you can see the Greek Theatre, the Roman Amphitheatre, the Latomie of Paradise and the Ear of Dionysius.
After the visit, walk on Syracuse city centre, Ortigia, where to admire examples of the Sicilian Baroque. Departure to Noto, “Baroque jewel” and UNESCO site as well. Another day will be dedicated to an excursion on the Etna.
After that, you will visit a company of beekeeping where you can taste homemade honey and typical products of the area.
In Taormina you will admire the gorgeous Greek Theatre and then free time to go shopping and strolling. You will attend a show-cooking lesson in a restaurant in Taormina too.
The short tour ends with a visit of Catania, whose popular symbol is the “Liotru” (a lava stone statue of an elephant) and Cefalù, a wonderful medieval town situated at the northern coast of Sicily. You will stay in 4* hotels in half board basis.
- Half board accomodation
- Dedicated Tour Leader and professional guide for the whole tour
- Visit of the major UNESCO sites
- Selection of refined 4* hotels
- Showcooking in Taormina
- GIFT: an illustrated book of the most delicious Sicilian recipes
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- There is a reduction for 3 passengers sharing a room. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a supplement for single occupancy
- This tour runs every Saturday from March 23rd to November 9th.
- Pick-up servicePick-up from your hotel in Catania
- Easy CancellationThe cancellation policy for this tour is: -From 29 to 21 (working) days before the arrival 10% of penalty - From 20 to 12 (working) days before the arrival 30% of penalty - From 11 to 7 (working) days before the arrival 50% of penalty - From 6 to 4 (working) days before the arrival 70% of penalty - From 3 days to the day of the arrival 100% of penalty
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Catania (Day 4) tasting of Sicilian “granita & brioche”
- Etna (day 3): visit of a beekeeping honey company and typical Sicilian preserves tasting
- 1 lunch in Taormina on day 3 (fixe menu, beverages not included) and show-cooking
- Visit of the main suggestive UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Siracusa, Noto, Catania city centre, Etna, Cefalù
- Accommodation in charming 4 stars hotels mostly located in the city centre of the main Sicilian towns. Half board basis (dinner – 3 main courses fixe menu , beverages not included) to have a taste of Sicilian and Italian cuisine
- High class buses or 25/28 seats Gran Confort minibuses (from the 2nd day to the 4th)
- Multilingual Tour leader and professional travel guide (English, Italian, Spanish) for the whole tour (from the evening of the 1st day to the evening of the 4th day), local guides or audio-guides where necessary
- Transfers in/out
- All Lunches Except for the One on Day 3
- Tips and Extras in General
- City Taxes (Where Compulsory)
- Entrance Fees for Monuments/museums
- Anything Not Specified Under “the Rates Include”
- Single Room Supplement (on Request)
Independent arrival at the hotel in the charming city of Catania (optional private transfer on request).
Meet with our tour-leader then dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
Syracuse, the most beautiful and the greatest Greek colony in Sicily, will amaze you with its Archaeological Park of Neapolis.
Here, you can see its Greek Theatre, the Roman Amphitheatre, the Latomie of Paradise and the Ear of Dionysius.
In Ortigia, you will walk in Piazza Duomo and see the Cathedral and the Arethusa Fountain.
Free time for lunch before your departure to Noto also well-Known as the “Giardino di Pietra” (Stone Garden).
With its fine buildings of the early eighteenth century, it has been declared Unesco World Heritage Site.
It is popular for Palazzo Nicolaci Villadorata, a magnificent residence in Baroque style and owned by Don Giacomo Nicolaci.
Back to Catania for dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
After the breakfast in the hotel, we will leave to go to Etna, the highest volcano in Europe and Unesco World Heritage Site.
Along the way, you can admire the Parco dell’Etna with its flora.
Once arrived at Rifugio Sapienza, we will reach the “Crateri Silvestri”, small volcanic cones, nowadays inactive.
The view beyond the volcano’s hundreds of cones and craters can extend across the whole of Sicily, the Aeolian islands and Calabria.
Coming back down, we will taste homemade honey and typical products of the area.
The tour goes to Taormina where you will attend a show-cooking lesson for some typical Sicilian cuisine dishes.
Lunch at a restaurant before visiting the fascinating Greek theatre, and then free time for a nice walk in the city centre.
The day will end with an overview of the beautiful Riviera dei Ciclopi.
Back to our hotel in Catania for dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
There are countless beauties in Catania city centre. It is a late-baroque city with elegant buildings made of black lava and white stones.
You cannot miss the “Pescheria” (the ancient fish market) close to Piazza Duomo, the square where you can find the Cathedral and the statue of an elephant, symbol of the city.
You will discover the St. Benedict Monastery, in Via dei Crocifer a Unesco site made famous by a Giovanni Verga’s novel.
After tasting the typical “granita & brioche”, you can have a walk in the city centre.
Free time for lunch before going back to Palermo where we will stop in Cefalù, a medieval town situated in the northern coast of Sicily.
We will visit its stunning Norman Dome and the Mandralisca Museum before proceeding to Palermo.
Dinner at the hotel or in a restaurant nearby.
After breakfast in the hotel, the morning will be spent visiting Monreale, its huge Norman Cathedral, proclaimed the Eighth Wonder of the World, and its splendid Cloister in Arab-Norman style.
Later we will discover the stunning Palermo, one of the richest towns in the Island for its history and art.
We will visit the wonderful Arab-Norman Cathedral, the astonishing Martorana Church and the amazing Cappella Palatina, miracle example from a historical and an artistic point of view, of how different cultures, religions and way of thinking apparently incompatible can coexist.
Continuing our walk we will admire the Teatro Massimo and the debated fountain in Pretoria Square.
Dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel and end of services.
Optional transfers to the airport can be booked if needed.
- Arrival Day: on request, it is possible to arrange optional HD private excursions to Acireale or Caltagirone.
- Departure Day: on request, it is possible to arrange optional HD private excursions to Palermo – Bagheria – Cefalù – S. Vito Lo Capo – Erice – Segesta – Trapani – Selinunte.
- EXTRA FEES ENTRANCE* : Taormina Greek theatre € 10,00 p.p. - Noto Palazzo Nicolaci € 4,00 p.p. - Siracusa Archeological Park € 10,00 p.p. - Siracusa Cathedral € 2,00 p.p. - * (To be confirmed)
- Transfers from / to airport on request
- Pre-night/Post-night on request