Discover Sicily in 8 days Tour
The itinerary to discover Sicily begins with Catania, well-known for the “Pescheria” (the ancient fish market) and the architectures done with lava and white stones.
You will proceed to Syracuse to visit the most beautiful and the greatest Greek colony in Sicily and then Noto, “Baroque jewel”. The morning will be dedicated to an excursion on the highest volcano of Europe, Etna, where you can walk on inactive craters.
After that, tasting of homemade honey and typical products of the area. In Taormina, after a show-cooking, you will visit the Greek Theatre.
Later on, free time to go shopping and have a walk. You will see the Greek beauties of Selinunte and Agrigento, the amazing Arab-Norman Cathedrals of Palermo and Monreale and the Roman mosaics of Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina.
During the tour, there will be also the visit of Ragusa, made famous by the writer Camilleri, and Cefalù, an ancient medieval town on the northern coast of Sicily.
- GIFT: an illustrated book of the most delicious Sicilian recipes
- Wine tasting of typical Sicilian products
- Selection of refined 4* hotels
- Visit of the major UNESCO sites
- Dedicated Tour Leader and professional guide for the whole tour
- Half board accomodation
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- There is a reduction for 3 passengers sharing a room. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org fr prices and availability
- There is a supplement for single occupancy
- This tour runs every Saturday from March 23rd to November 9th.
- Pick-up serviceMeet with the representative at your hotel in Catania
- Easy CancellationThe cancellation policy for this tour is: -From 29 to 21 (working) days before the arrival 10% of penalty - From 20 to 12 (working) days before the arrival 30% of penalty - From 11 to 7 (working) days before the arrival 50% of penalty - From 6 to 4 (working) days before the arrival 70% of penalty - From 3 days to the day of the arrival 100% of penalty
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Multilingual Tour leader and professional travel guide (English, Italian, Spanish) for the whole tour (from the evening of the 1st day to the evening of the 7th day), local guides or audio-guides where necessary.
- High class buses or 25/28 seats Gran Confort minibuses (from the 2nd day to the 7th).
- Accommodation in charming 4 stars hotels mostly located in the city centre of the main Sicilian towns. Half board basis (dinner – 3 main courses fixe menu , beverages not included) to have a taste of Sicilian and Italian cuisine.
- Visit of the main suggestive UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Siracusa, Noto, Etna, Catania city centre, Palermo, Cefalù, Monreale, Selinunte, Agrigento, Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina, Ragusa.
- 1 lunch in Taormina on day 3 (fixe menu, beverages not included) and show-cooking.
- Tasting of typical Sicilian products: Etna (day 3): visit of a beekeeping honey company and honey tasting; Catania (day 4): tasting of Sicilian “granita & brioche”; Palermo (day 5): tasting of local street food; Marsala (day 5): visit of a wine cellar and
- Single room supplement (on request)
- Transfers in/out
- All lunches (except for day 3)
- Entrance fees to monuments and museums
- City Taxes (where compulsory)
Independent arrival at the hotel in the charming city of Catania (optional private transfer on request).
Meet with our tour-leader; dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
Syracuse, the most beautiful and the greatest Greek colony in Sicily, will amaze you with its Archaeological Park of Neapolis.
Here, you can see its Greek Theatre, the Roman Amphitheatre, the Latomie of Paradise and the Ear of Dionysius.
In Ortigia, you will walk in Piazza Duomo and see the Cathedral and the Arethusa Fountain.
Free time for lunch before your departure to Noto, well-Known also as the “Giardino di Pietra” (Stone Garden).
With its fine buildings of the early eighteenth century, it has been declared Unesco World Heritage Site.
It is popular for Palazzo Nicolaci Villadorata, a magnificent residence in Baroque style and owned by Don Giacomo Nicolaci.
Back to Catania for dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
After the breakfast in the hotel, we will leave to go to Etna, the highest volcano in Europe and Unesco World Heritage Site.
Along the way, you can admire at the Parco dell’Etna with its flora.
Once you have arrived at Rifugio Sapienza, we will reach the “Crateri Silvestri”, small volcanic cones, that are now inactive.
The view beyond the volcano’s hundreds of cones and craters can extend across the whole of Sicily, the Aeolian islands and Calabria.
Coming back down, we will taste homemade honey and typical products of the area.
The tour then goes to Taormina where you will attend a show-cooking lesson for some typical Sicilian cuisine dishes.
Lunch at a restaurant before a visit to the fascinating Greek theatre, and then free time for a nice walk in the city centre.
The day will end with an overview of the beautiful Riviera dei Ciclopi.
Back to our hotel in Catania for dinner and an overnight stay.
There are countless beauties in Catania city centre. It is a late-baroque city with elegant buildings made of black lava and white stones.
You cannot miss the “Pescheria” (the ancient fish market) close to Piazza Duomo, the square where you can find the Cathedral and the statue of an elephant, symbol of the city.
You will discover the St. Benedict Monastery, in Via dei Crociferi a Unesco site made famous by a Giovanni Verga’s novel.
After tasting the typical “granita & brioche”, you can have a walk in the city centre.
Free time for lunch before going back to Palermo where we will stop in Cefa alù, medieval town situated in the northern coast of Sicily.
We will visit its stunning Norman Dome and the Mandralisca Museum before proceeding to Palermo for an overnight stay and dinner at the hotel or in a restaurant nearby.
The tour begins with the discovery of Palermo.
At the foot of Mt Pellegrino, this city is still today a melting-pot of different cultures and traditions because of its dominations.
We will visit the wonderful Arab-Norman Cathedral, the astonishing Martorana Church, one of the most beautiful Byzantine churches in Italy and the amazing Cappella Palatina, a miracle example of the Byzantine, Muslim and Latin culture coexistence.
Continuing our walk, we will admire the Teatro Massimo and the debated fountain in Pretoria Square.
There will also be a stop for a food surprise in the famous Antica Focacceria San Francesco.
Free time for lunch in Monreale where you will be fascinated by the mosaics of Norman Cathedral and its splendid Cloister.
Later on, we will continue to Marsala in whose port Garibaldi landed in 1860.
Visit of a prestigious wine cellar and wine tasting.
Dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
On the well-known Salt Road, we will discover the town of Marsala and the islands of Stagnone, looking at some of the oldest salt-extracting industries of the world.
After this, we will stop in Selinunte to visit the ruins of the old Greek city and its temples, which are set in largest Archaeological Park in the whole Mediterranean and World Heritage Site.
Free time for lunch before your departure to Agrigento and a visit of the Valle dei Templi, stated World Heritage Site; among the rests of the ancient Akragas, defined by Pyndar “the most beautiful city of mortals”, you will find the “Temple of Hera”, the “Temple of Concordia” and the “Temple of Heracles”.
Dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel and departure to Piazza Armerina; here, we will admire the splendid Villa Romana del Casale, dated in the late-imperial period and Unesco Site, it hosts prestigious mosaics.
In the afternoon, we will move to Ragusa Ibla, popular for being the set of the Commissario Montalbano tv series.
The city is a Unesco site too and it is representative of the Sicilian baroque with its churches and the “Giardino Ibleo”.
At the end of the day, there will be a tasting of local products.
Proceed to Catania for dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel and end of services.
You can arrange a transfer to the airport if needed.
- Arrival or Departure Day: on request, it is possible to arrange optional HD private excursions to Acireale or Caltagirone.
- Transfer from/to airport on request
- Pre/Post-night on request