5 Day Short Tour of Sicily from Palermo
You will go to discover the most important places of Western Sicily: leaving from Palermo, Arab-Norman city and Monreale, Eighth Wonder of the World.
You will visit Marsala and its Salt Road, proceeding to the Greek centre Agrigento, declared UNESCO site thanks to their centuries-old history and Greek ruins.
The itinerary will finish in Piazza Armerina, popular for Villa Romana del Casale mosaics and Ragusa, Baroque town for excellence, well-known thanks to the “Commissario Montalbano” stories. You will stay in 4* hotels on half board basis.
- Half board accomodation
- Dedicated Tour Leader and professional guide for the whole tour
- Visit of the major UNESCO sites
- Selection of refined 4* hotels
- Wine tasting of typical Sicilian products
- GIFT: an illustrated book of the most delicious Sicilian recipes
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- There is a reduction for 3 passengers sharing a room. please email firstname.lastname@example.org for prices and availability
- There is a supplement for single occupancy
- This tour runs every Tuesday from March 26th to November 12th.
- Pick-up servicemeet with representative at your hotel in Palmero
- Easy CancellationThe cancellation policy for this tour is: -From 29 to 21 (working) days before the arrival 10% of penalty - From 20 to 12 (working) days before the arrival 30% of penalty - From 11 to 7 (working) days before the arrival 50% of penalty - From 6 to 4 (working) days before the arrival 70% of penalty - From 3 days to the day of the arrival 100% of penalty
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Tasting of Sicilian typical products: Palermo (day 2): tasting of local street food; Marsala (day 3): visit of a wine cellar and wine tasting; Ragusa (day 4): tasting of local cheese.
- 1 lunch: day 3 in Marsala in the well-known Florio Cellars.
- Visit of the main suggestive Unesco World Heritage Sites: Monreale, Palermo, Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, Ragusa.
- 5 dinners in hotels or local restaurants (dinner – 3 main courses fixe menu , beverages not included) to have a taste of Sicilian and Italian cuisine.
- Whispers kit
- Deluxe bus from day 2 to day 4.
- Half board basis in hotels or local restaurants (dinner – 3 main courses fixe menu , beverages not included) to have a taste of Sicilian and Italian cuisine.
- Accommodation in charming 4 stars hotels mostly located in the city centre.
- Anything not specified under “The rate includes”
- Tips and extras in general
- City taxes (where compulsory)
- Entrance fees for monuments/museums
- All lunches
- Transfers in/out
The short tour of Sicily begins from the charming city of Palermo (optional private transfer on request).
Meet with our tour-leader then dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
The tour begins with the discovery of Palermo.
At the foot of Mt Pellegrino, this city is still today a melting-pot of different cultures and traditions because of its dominations.
We will visit the wonderful Arab-Norman Cathedral, the astonishing Martorana Church, one of the most beautiful Byzantine churches in Italy and the amazing Cappella Palatina, a miracle example of the Byzantine, Muslim and Latin culture coexistence.
Continuing our walk, we will admire the Teatro Massimo and the debated fountain in Pretoria Square. There will be also a stop for a food surprise in the famous Antica Focacceria San Francesco.
Free time for lunch. In Monreale, you will be fascinated by the mosaics of Norman Cathedral and its splendid Cloister.
Later on, we will continue to Marsala in whose port Garibaldi landed in 1860 and visit of a prestigious wine cellar and wine tasting.
Dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
On the well-known Salt Road, we will discover the town of Marsala and the islands of Stagnone, looking at some of the oldest salt-extracting industries of the world.
After this, we will stop in Selinunte to visit the ruins of the old Greek city and its temples, which are set in the largest Archaeological Park in the whole Mediterranean and World Heritage Site.
Free time for lunch before departing to Agrigento and visit of the Valle dei Templi, stated World Heritage Site; among the rests of the ancient Akragas, defined by Pyndar “the most beautiful city of mortals”, you will find the “Temple of Hera”, the “Temple of Concordia” and the “Temple of Heracles”.
Dinner and an overnight stay in the hotel.
Breakfast in the hotel and departure to Piazza Armerina where we will admire the splendid Villa Romana del Casale, dated in the late-imperial period and Unesco Site, it hosts prestigious mosaics.
In the afternoon, we will move to Ragusa Ibla, popular for being the set of the Commissario Montalbano tv series.
The city is a Unesco site too and it is representative of the Sicilian baroque with its churches and the “Giardino Ibleo”.
At the end of the day, there will be a tasting of local products before proceeding to Catania for dinner and an overnight stay at the hotel.
Our trip finishes here. Breakfast in the hotel and end of services.
Optional transfers are available if needed.
- Departure Day: on request, it is possible to arrange optional HD private excursions to Acireale or Caltagirone.
- Arrival Day: on request, it is possible to arrange optional HD private excursions to Palermo – Bagheria – Cefalù – S. Vito Lo Capo – Erice – Segesta – Trapani – Selinunte.
- Transfer from/to the airport on request
- Pre/Post-night on request
- EXTRA FEES ENTRANCE*: Palermo Cappella Palatina € 12,00 p.p. - Palermo Martorana Church € 2,00 p.p. - Monreale Cathedral € 4,00 p.p. - Monreale Cloister € 6,00 p.p. - Agrigento Valle dei Templi €12,00 - Piazza Armerina Villa Romana €10,00