Vatican and Sistine Chapel Private Tour for Families
If you choose to take our Vatican and Sistine Chapel Tour for families, you will enjoy an itinerary designed specifically for our small travellers, who will discover the Vatican collection through history and legends, with the help of a kid-friendly guide and visual aids such as images and iPads.
Our itinerary includes stops in the Laocoon Courtyard, the Animal Gallery, the Round Room with Nero’s huge bathtub, the Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Maps.
After walking through the unique galleries, you will visit the Sistine Chapel and discover the world-famous frescoes by Michelangelo. Children will learn about Rome in the 1500s and discover how artists and Popes lived during that time.
From the Sistine Chapel, you will go to St Peter’s Basilica, today one of the largest Catholic churches in the world.
This tour starts at 9:00 a.m. and 14:30 p.m. (available morning & afternoon) and lasts 3 hours except for Wednesday morning, Sundays and Religious Holiday.
- The Sistine Chapel with its breathtaking ceiling of the Last Judgment by Michelangelo
- Tour St Peter’s Basilica, one of the largest Catholic churches in the world
- Explore the Vatican collection of history and legends, with visual aids
- Arrive 15 minutes before the tour start time
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available every day except Wednesday morning, Sundays and Religious Holiday
- Live GuideEnglish
- Disability ServicesNot Wheelchair Accessible
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 15 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Family friendly knowledgeable Tour Guide
- 3 Hour Private Tour
- Skip the line tickets for the Vatican Museums
- Pick up and Drop off from hotels
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This tour runs in any weather
- Our kids tours are for kids 6 years old or older
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour available morning or afternoon
- St Peters Basilica is a Church and as such the Vatican can decide to close it for religious functions without any notice. We are not responsible for unexpected closure of the Basilica. When the Basilica of St. Peter is closed for religious functions, you will spend longer time in the Vatican galleries with your guide.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1