UNESCO JEWELS: Pompeii and its Ruins Group Tour
Full-Day Tour of Pompeii and It's Ruins from Rome
We will begin our journey along the Highway of the Sun, driving past the famous Roman countryside, the Castelli Romani. Admire incredible views of the Mediterranean and Mount Vesuvius, as well as to countless historic sites. You will enjoy a short sight of the City, the seashore and the Gulf of Naples.
After stopping for a traditional Italian lunch, we will make our way to the UNESCO Archaeological Site of Pompeii with skip-the-line tickets. We will spend the afternoon exploring this once thriving city that was frozen in time by layers of volcanic ash. Pompeii remained buried under a layer of pumice stones and ash 19 to 23 feet (6 to 7 meters) deep. The city’s sudden burial served to protect it for the next 17 centuries from vandalism, looting and the destructive effects of climate and heavy weather.
After the tour of Pompeii, we will resume our trip through the Roman countryside, enjoying the scenery as we leisurely make our way back to Rome. Return in time to enjoy the rest of the night in Rome at your leisure.
- Pickup and drop-off in selected hotels in central Rome
- Panoramic tour of Naples
- Great chance to take spectacular photos
- Neapolitan unique skyline with Mount Vesuvius
- Guided visit of Pompeii's ruins
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 12 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children age from 0-2 are free of charge
- Discount applies every first Sunday of each month! Once a month, on each first Sunday, the Italian Ministry of Culture is granting free entrance to the Pompeii excavation
- Departs daily at 7.30 am
- Pick-up servicePick up starts at 6:30 am from centrally-located hotels.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Roundtrip transportation
- Entrance tickets with Skip the Line
- Three-course lunch
- Audio headset (in Pompeii)
- Professional tour guide (in Pompeii)
- Optional gratuities
- Beverages at lunch, and any other meal not mentioned
- Starting from November 2017 Multilingual Audioguide available in Italian/French/German/Portuguese/Chinese/Russian and Japanese
- The pickup service from your hotel is included, please call 24 hours before the tour starts to receive your pickup time and please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to assigned pickup time. If your hotel or accommodation is not served you must reach the Gray Line-I Love Rome office in via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando 95, opposite the Grand Hotel (Metro A Line, Repubblica stop) at least 30 minutes before the tour starts.
- The tour is available in English, Spanish and German. French is available from April to October.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1