Underground Rome and The Best of Rome Special Walking Tour
Ready for an astonishing journey through the gems and the undergrounds of Rome? This is a fantastic occasion for visitors who want to discover Rome living its eternal history.
With a professional art historian tour guide, this amazing tour will stand alone in memory as a fantastic and genuine Rome experience because it combines the best sights and the fascinating undergrounds under Navona Square and near Trevi Fountain.
After meeting your tour guide at 9.15am, this tour will begin at 9.30am.
You will visit with our tour guide the underground levels of Navona Square. Descend 5 metres beneath street level into the excavations, at the time of the Roman Empire, admire the ancient ruins of the first and only masonry stadium in Roman history.
Unveil the history and the legends of Navona Square and the Fountain of Four Rivers.
Discover the Pantheon: the Ancient Roman temple turned into a church, one of the most preserved examples of ancient architecture in the world.
Enjoy a genuine Italian home-made gelato (ice-cream).
Explore the streets in the heart of the city.
Descend almost 8 meters into the ancient undergrounds near Trevi Fountain and discover the underground ruins: ancient Roman insula with tabernae, a public building and a cistern.
Enjoy a fabulous view of Trevi Fountain and toss a coin in the water to ensure your return to Rome.
Admire Piazza di Spagna with its eighteenth-century atmosphere created by the ochre-coloured buildings.
- Enjoy a fabulous view of Trevi Fountain and the Spanish steps
- Descend almost 8 meters into the ancient undergrounds near Trevi Fountain
- Enjoy a genuine italian home-made gelato (ice-cream)
- Enjoy the magnificent Pantheon
- Discover Navona Square with its undergrounds and its fountains
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 210 minutes
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- This tour is available every Thursday from June to mid-October
- Live GuideEnglish
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Duration 3h30
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Genuine home-made gelato (ice-cream)
- Your own dedicated, expert, local and professional art historian guide
- Skip-the-line and admission tickets to undergrounds under Navona Square and near Trevi Fountain
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrances are strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on this group tour
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended