Trastevere and Jewish District Private Tour
Our Trastevere and Jewish District Private Tour in Rome is something unique. Discover an off-the-beaten-track tour of Rome and explore the Jewish Quarter known as “ghetto” and mix up with locals in the picturesque district of Trastevere.
By booking this tour, you will also get 3-hour private guide will be walking with some of the most peculiar places in Rome.
Trastevere with its narrow cobblestone alleys, restaurants, pubs and artisan shops is one of the most popular areas of Rome.
When you think about Rome, you probably imagine Trastevere. This is the best place to have a taste of the real Rome. In Trastevere, you will also enter the Basilica of St. Mary, which is one of the most beautiful churches around Rome located in a small, but really nice square.
Here, you will also get the chance to stop for a break and taste some local focaccia, which is halfway between crispy pizza and bread... It is really difficult to explain, you really should taste on your own. You will not regret it; it is simply delicious. You will be asking for more!
Once you are full, you will have enough energy to enjoy a small walk to the Tiberina Island. Right after, you will jump back into Ancient Rome by having a look at the archaeological sites of Ottavia Porticus and Marcellus Theater.
Finally, your private guide will take you to visit the Jewish district in Rome, the so-called “Ghetto”. With your guide, you will understand the huge impact that the Jewish community has had on Rome’s cultural identity, from the architecture to food traditions!
Beauty, food and fun: this tour has it all. So we heartily recommend you to book our Trastevere and Jewish District Private Tour in Rome.
- Walk to Tiberina Island (the archaeological sites of Ottavia Porticus and Marcellus Theater)
- Discover and learn the history of medieval Rome
- Visit the Basilica of St. Mary, one of the most beautiful churches of Rome
- Unique guided tour of Trastevere and the Jewish District, ( Jewish Quarter known as “ghetto”)
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour MUST be booked no less than 3 days in advance
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 3-hour private English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (recommended)
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We recommend you wear comfortable footwear for walking.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1