Skip-the-line Ancient Rome and Colosseum Small Group Tour
Rome was not built in a day, so come with our licensed guide to learn all about the origins of the City!
We enter, without queueing, the Palatine Hill, where Romulus founded the city; we see what remains of the first huts built by Romulus, admire the ruins of the ancient imperial palaces; we stroll down to the Roman Forum, where we see the buildings built by the ancient Romans such as temples, courts, and the great square.
After we go into the world famous landmark: the Colosseum, symbol of Rome, surrounded by mysteries, legends and history. Inside, explore the Colosseum’s first and second tiers while listening to stories from your guide about the brutal events that were once held here, such as executions and gory gladiator battles.
As you stroll around the perimeter of the amphitheatre, try to image the ancient crowd of up to 50,000 spectators who cheered as the gladiators’ fates were decided by power-hungry emperors.
- Enter the Colosseum and Roman Forum with skip-the-line priority access
- 3-hour small-group tour (max 14 people) of the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Learn all about the gladiators and the emperors who decided their fates
- Walk around the first and second tiers of the Colosseum, while listening to iits history from your guide
- See top Roman Forum attractions: walking alone Via Sacre, The Temple of Julius Caesar, the House of the Vestal
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour only operates on Sundays
- Live GuideEnglish
- Easy CancellationCancellations 7 days prior to the scheduled tour are subject to a 50% penalty fee. No-show or cancellations within 72 hours of the scheduled tour are subject to a 100% penalty fee. All tickets are purchased in advance and therefore are non-refundable.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Your own dedicated, expert and licensed tour guide art historian
- All tickets and reservation fees included
- Skip-the-line access to the Palatine, Roman Forum and Colosseum
- Radio headsets rental to listen to your tour guide’s commentary
- Other services not mentioned
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security. A dress code is required to enter the Vatican Museums and knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will be refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of tour (only for under 18 people)
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum.Please leave all large items at the hotel.
- We are unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on this group tour
- Please note that St Peter’s basilica is an active religious centre and is strongly influenced by liturgical ceremonies and needs, we are therefore not responsible for any inconvenience resulting from sudden closure of the basilica.