Rome Highlights and its Hidden Underground Gems Group Tour
A fascinating tour for those who like to unveil unknown wonders. Our licensed guide leads you through the wonderful Eternal City as you explore its beautiful underground areas that reveal the ancient and glorious history of Rome. The itinerary starts in Piazza Navona, charming site of the Baroque works of Bernini and Borromini.
We descend into the undergrounds below the square to discover what remains of the ancient stadium built by Emperor Domitian. We then return above ground to make our way to visit the Pantheon, we walk along Via del Corso and famous side streets, all the way to the Spanish Steps.
We enjoy a fabulous view of Fontana di Trevi, and from here we descend almost 8 meters into the “Vicus Caprarius” that includes an ancient Roman insula with Tabernae, a public building and a cistern.
- Visit with your tour guide in a small group (max 15 people) the underground levels of Navona Square
- Descend 5 metres beneath street level and explore the ancient Domitian Stadium
- Discover the history and legends of Navona Square and the Fountain of Four Rivers
- Admire the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain
- Descend almost 8 meters into the ancient undergrounds near Trevi Fountain and discover a Roman insula with tabernae, a public building and a cistern
- Enjoy Spanish Steps with its 18th century atmosphere created by the ochre-colored buildings
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The Pantheon is closed on Saturdays for mass. If your tour takes place on a Saturday, you’ll listen to explanation about the Pantheon from the outside.
- Easy CancellationCancellations 7 days prior to the scheduled tour are subject to a 50% penalty fee. No-show or cancellations within 72 hours of the scheduled tour are subject to a 100% penalty fee. All tickets are purchased in advance and therefore are non-refundable.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hire of ‘Whisper’ wireless audio headset
- Skip-the-line access and all tickets and reservation fees
- Your own dedicated, expert and licensed tour guide
- Other services not mentioned
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on this group tour
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Entry to the Vatican Museums, Pantheon, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Gardens is permitted only to appropriately dressed visitors. Low cut or sleeveless clothing, shorts, miniskirts and hats are not allowed.
- No backpacks, big handbags, or big umbrellas are allowed. Please leave all large items at the hotel!
- Entrances are strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1