Private Rome Caravaggio and Bernini Tour
Our Caravaggio and Bernini in Rome Private Tour bring you around Baroque Rome with a private guide to teach you all you need to know about it.
Follow the footsteps of Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Bernini and Raphael. Learn all about these great artists who have shaped Rome’s landscape, while you visit the most important churches and paintings of Baroque Rome.
Once you meet your private guide, you will walk inside the Church of St. Andrew of the Fratte, where you can admire the spectacular angels sculpted by Bernini.
Next, you will visit the Church of St. Ignatius. It is a Roman Catholic titular church, of deaconry rank, dedicated to Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus. It is best known for its fake perspective dome, a masterpiece skillfully created by Andrea Pozzo.
Your adventure of Baroque Rome will continue to the Church of St. Mary above Minerva, the only exact example of an original Gothic church building in Rome, and close to Church of St. Agostino. Here you will be blown away by works by Caravaggio and Raphael.
The last part of your Caravaggio and Bernini Private Tour will bring you to the stunning Navona Square where you will visit the Church of St. Luis of the French. The church's most famous treasure is the cycle of paintings in the Contarelli Chapel by Caravaggio in 1599–1600 about the life of St. Matthew.
This includes the three world-renowned canvases of The Calling of St Matthew, The Inspiration of Saint Matthew and The Martyrdom of Saint Matthew.
At the end of your tour, you will see Farnese square, where an unbelievable colonnade by Borromini is located.
What makes it so unique and famous is its perspective game; something you absolutely need to see! Go back in time to Baroque Rome and find out all about incredible artists who shaped Rome and, indeed, the world. Choose our Caravaggio and Bernini in Rome Private Tour!
- Discover all the masterpieces of Michelangelo, Caravaggio and Bernini
- Have a licensed, private English-speaking guide at your disposal
- Church of St. Andrew of the Fratte
- Church of St. Ignatius
- Navona Square
- Church of St. Agostino
- Church of San Luis of the French
- Church of St. Mary above Minerva
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour MUST be booked no less than 3 days in advance
- This tour is NOT available on Sunday Mornings
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 3 Hour tour with English speaking guide
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We recommend you wear comfortable footwear suitable for walking for this tour.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1