One Day Group Tour of Florence by High Speed Train
Enjoy a one-day round-trip excursion from Rome to the so-called Cradle of the Renaissance: Florence. The high-speed train you will catch from the Capital will grant you a fast and relaxing journey. You will not even realise having travelled from region to region.
Touched by the Arno and small like a gem set in the heart of the Italian peninsula, Florence is romantic, charismatic and full of history.
The city's urban fabric has changed very little since the Renaissance. Its streets and alleys tell a thousand stories, some true, some legendary. Food and wine are entire to indulge in too during a stay here because they are of world-class quality. From the vineyards and the wine-rich hills surrounding Florence come some of the most famous and appreciable wines on the Globe.
Florence is also known worldwide for its architecture and art. Despite its modest size, there are plenty of sights of interest and things to do. Galleria degli Uffizi is home to the world's most complete collection of Renaissance art. Palazzo Vecchio is a fortress palace now the seat of the mayor's office. Brunelleschi designed Palazzo Pitti, bought by the Medici and then donated to the State by the Savoys. Today it hosts fascinating museums.
The most iconic monument is without a doubt the Duomo characterized by a neo-Gothic facade and a dome that uniquely stands out in the cityscape. The Galleria dell'Accademia houses Michelangelo's David and therefore is worth visiting. Corridoio Vasariano is a 1 km long arched passageway that connects Palazzo Vecchio with Uffizi and Palazzo Pitti.
The walking tour included in this guided activity is organised so that you will be sure to cover the highlights of the city during a relaxing yet comprehensive visit led by a qualified guide. It will start from the breathtaking Duomo and will take you to the magic Ponte Vecchio going past via dei Cerretani, Piazza Della Repubblica and Piazza Della Signoria. By 11:15 you will access the Uffizi Gallery.
After two hours spent unveiling the museum's beauties, some time will be dedicated to admire Piazza della Signoria; after that, you will head to a typical local restaurant for a well-deserved delicious lunch included in the rate. Before meeting your guide again at Santa Maria Novella Station by 6:30 pm to catch the train that will take you back to Rome, you will have the whole afternoon to continue the visit on your own or conveniently go shopping for souvenirs.
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Uffizi Gallery Museum
- Visit the Allegory of Spring by Botticelli
- See work of arts by Leonardo and Raphael
- Have Lunch in Piazza Santa Croce
- Guided walking tour of Ponte Vecchio and Piazza Della Signoria
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 1 days
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The departure time is 7:30 am.
- Children from 0-2 are free of charge
- Tour ends at the train station of Roma termini
- Departs Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7.30 am
- Pick-up servicePick up starts at 6:30 am from centrally-located hotels.
- Easy CancellationYou can cancel the reservation for this tour for free right up to 48 hours before the start date; we cannot refund you (100% penalty fee) if you cancel after the deadline or if you do not show up.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Train tickets
- Pickup from your hotel to Roma Termini Train Station (from centrally located hotels in Rome)
- Professional Guide
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Uffizi Gallery Museum with a guided tour
- Wireless audio headset
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
- Optional gratuities
- The pickup service starts at 6:30 am (service available only on hotels in central Rome listed in the dropdown menu in the reservation process).
- This guided tour is available in English, Spanish, German (French from April to October).
- No revealing clothing should be worn and shoulders should be well covered
- It is forbidden to bring strollers, have bulky bags and carry umbrellas on your person
- If you have a metal coated pacemakers, all relevant paperwork/ID cards should be carried for security checks
- The activity ends in Roma Termini Train Station.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1