Mysterious Rome Private Tour
Our charming Eternal City reveals to you its underground mysteries with the help of our licensed guide. The tour starts in the area of Basilica of San Clemente, known as the “matryoshka” because of its two underground levels that conceal an early Christian basilica, a pagan Mithraeum and an imperial mint.
We then bring you back in time, 2000 years. With our air-conditioned coach, we go to the catacombs of Priscilla where we explore the tombs of the first Christian community and its martyrs, the galleries and the frescoed cubicles. The tour ends with a visit to the most mysterious and incredible site in Rome: The Capuchin Crypt, called “The Bone Chapel”. A unique place, where walls and ceilings are decorated with the bones of 4000 skeletons of the Capuchin monks.
- Enjoy a 3-hour private tour with your guide to unveil the mysterious side of Rome
- Visit the two underground levels of St. Clemente Basilica
- Enter the largest Catacombs of Rome: Priscilla’s Catacombs
- Visit the “Bone Chapel
- All transfers are made in a private air-conditioned car with driver
- Prices are the same for all ages
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Spanish
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationCancellations 7 days prior to the scheduled tour are subject to a 50% penalty fee. No-show or cancellations within 72 hours of the scheduled tour are subject to a 100% penalty fee. All tickets are purchased in advance and therefore are non-refundable.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Hire of ‘Whisper’ wireless audio headset
- All tickets and reservation fees
- Transport between sites in an air-conditioned coach
- Your own dedicated, expert and licensed tour guide art historian
- Other services not mentioned
- It is forbidden to enter the monument with bottles, glass containers, alcohol and spray cans.
- No backpacks, big handbags, or big umbrellas are allowed. Please leave all large items at the hotel!
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1