Colosseum Tour with Arena Access and Ancient Rome Group Tour
Ancient Rome Small Group Tour with Arena Access offers you a complete gladiatorial experience of the Colosseum, as part of a small friendly group. It covers the three main sites of Ancient Rome led by an enthusiastic, licensed guide.
On our Small Group Tour with Arena Access, you have the chance to explore Ancient Rome.
You will enter the Colosseum from a special entrance that will leave you directly onto the Arena Stage, where the Gladiators used to enter before the fightings!
You will meet with your guide and the rest of your group (up to 24 people) in our office near to the Colosseum.
Your guide is a licensed expert guide who has a real and infectious passion for Ancient Rome and its history. From the outset you will be thoroughly engaged as you begin to learn all the ins and outs of the Ancient Roman period, making your way to its centrepiece- the Colosseum.
You will bypass the crowds waiting in line in front of the Colosseum as you head to a special reserved entrance the other side of the Colosseum. Of course with this access, you will skip the line to enter the Colosseum, but there is something else which makes it even more unique.
You will be using the very same entrance once used by the gladiators as they stepped out onto the Colosseum arena to begin their bloody combats! Together with your guide, you will be transported back to the time when the Colosseum was the entertainment centre of Rome.
You will stand on the arena (a restricted area of the Colosseum) where all sorts of thrilling spectacles took place. You’ll also get to grips with the mechanics behind these AD performances, you peer down from the arena into the Colosseum’s dungeons below.
Your tour will continue to the first and second floor of the Colosseum, as you explore this fascinating monument in greater depth. From the Colosseum, you will climb up to one of the seven hills of Rome, Palatine Hill. Here you can enjoy panoramic views of the Roman Forum and Circus Maximus. This was the choice location for the houses of the Emperors and wealthy Romans, when you’re up there you’ll see why!
Next, you’ll really get amongst the ruins of Ancient Rome as you stroll through the Roman Forum. Once the centre of public events in Ancient Rome, the Forum was the main place where all important events, such as the market, processions, public speeches and trails, used to take place.
Here you will admire the stunning ruins of Ancient Roman buildings and monuments, which your guide will be happy to decipher them for your group, making sense of it all for you and really helping you to envisage life in Ancient Rome.
- Walking Palatine Hill for panoramic views of the Roman Forum and Circus Maximus
- Stroll through the Roman Forum with ancient Roman buildings and monuments
- Access to restricted areas (Colosseum arena and Emperor's Balcony)
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour MUST be booked no less than 3 days in advance
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Skip line to the Colosseum
- Tickets to the Colosseum (restricted area of the arena included), Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Headsets to clearly hear your guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please bring with you either a copy or original of your ID, passport or driver license since it is necessary for the entrance to the Colosseum.
- This tour has a medium level of difficulty as it requires . long periods of walking. We recommend you wear comfortable footwear for this tour
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1