Colosseum and Vatican Private Tour
Our Colosseum and Vatican Private Tour is the best solution to visit the two most visited sites in Rome in just one day.
This is the best tour if you want to maximise your time in the Eternal City, but still enjoy the explanations of a private, licensed guide! Visit the two most popular highlights in Rome in just five hours, accompanied by a local, English-speaking private guide.
This combo tour is perfect for all those who have limited time in Rome, but still, want to make the most out of it.
You will meet your private guide at the Colosseum, where you will enter with skip the line tickets. Your guide will lead you inside the first and second level of the Colosseum, explaining all about this monument history and the spectacular fightings that took place inside.
Our guides are expert in the history of Ancient Rome and will carefully describe how life in the Ancient Rome was for the population and the emperors, how gladiators were recruited and treated and how they fought between each other and/or wild beasts.
Once your Colosseum adventure is over, you and your guide will take a taxi to the Vatican.
Are you ready to enter the smallest country in the world? Don’t worry: the Vatican is a country of its own, but you don’t need a passport to enter!
Thanks to our pre-booked tickets you will bypass all the lines and you will access the Vatican Museums without wasting your precious time.
You will enjoy an express visit of the Vatican Museums, focusing on the works that you or your guide will deem the most important. Please remember that because this a private tour, you can ask your guide all the questions you want and focus on the works that capture your attention the most.
You will then proceed to the Sistine Chapel, to admire in silence the magnificent frescoes by Michelangelo, that adorn the walls and ceiling of the huge room.
Guides are not allowed to explain inside the Chapel, but they will do it beforehand, letting you admire it in peace and quiet, as this masterpiece deserves.
Time to enter St Peter’s Basilica, once again skipping all lines, thanks to an access that brings you directly to the Church from the Sistine Chapel.
Your tour of the Colosseum and Vatican will finish in the legendary St Peter’s Square, enclosed by the monumental colonnade by Bernini.
- 5 hours with a private, licensed guide for a quality, interactive experience
- Learn about the history, characters and events of The Colosseum in Ancient Rome
- Discover the most important part of the Vatican, Michelangelo’s masterpiece in the Sistine Chapel
- Skip the line to enter the Vatican Museums and Colosseum with reserved tickets
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 5 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Tour Start Time: 08:45
- Arrive 15 minutes before the tour start time
- This tour is available Monday to Saturday
- Live GuideEnglish
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- 5 hours private guide
- Skip the line tickets for the Colosseum
- Skip the line tickets for the Vatican
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Transportation from one site to another
Every day except on Sunday
- Difficulty: this tour is an easy stroll and you will enjoy it discovering the alleys and monuments of Rome.
- Please wear comfortable dress and shoes
- Please remember that to enter religious places shoulders and knees must be covered
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring with you either a copy or original of your ID, passport or driver license since it is necessary for the entrance to the Colosseum.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1