Borghese Gallery and Gardens & Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill Combined Tour
Gain your skip-the-line entrance to the Borghese Gallery and be surrounded by pure beauty. Visit the Borghese Gallery, housed in the former Villa Borghese, the country retreat of Cardinal Scipione Borghese. He was an eager patron of Bernini and avid collector of works by Caravaggio, who is well represented by his collection of works such as "Boy with a Basket of Fruit", "St Jerome Writing", "Sick Bacchus" and others.
Other paintings worthy admiring include Titian's Sacred and Profane Love, Raphael's Entombment of Christ and works by Peter Paul Rubens and Federico Barocci. The collection also features marble sculptures, world-known for their perfection such as "Rape of Proserpine", "Apollo and Daphne", "David" by Bernini and the sensual "Pauline Bonaparte" by Antonio Canova.
After visiting the museum, you will be taken for an enchanting walk through the Borghese Gardens (Villa Borghese) and enjoy unforgettable views from atop the Pincio Terrace.
After that, have lunch at your leisure and move to the Colosseum area. Once there, walk in the footsteps of giants on this guided tour through the heart of the Roman Empire. Travel back in time, embraced by 360 degrees of jaw-dropping Roman architecture. Learn the history behind it all, from the minute to the magnificent.
Pause to contemplate the genius that took the Colosseum from concept to reality in 70/80 AD, centuries before the advent of modern engineering. Once the most famous meeting place in the world, the amphitheatre is estimated to have once held 50,000/80,000 spectators. Your Gray Line pass allows you to skip hours of long lines to enter the Colosseum directly. Once inside, breathe in the bloody past of the monument brought to life by your passionate, expert guide. Standing for nearly two millennia, the structure has been a symbol of both glory and scorn, serving vastly different purposes over the course of history.
Just outside, you'll see the magnificent Arch of Constantine. Continuing the walking tour, discover the excavated ruins of the Roman Forum archaeological site, where many structures remain intact to this day. For a city founded in 753 BC, this is no small feat. Continue exploring the breathtaking Palatine Hill, ending your tour with a deeper connection to the history of Rome and a strong foundation of knowledge to continue exploring Rome.
We will bid you farewell to continue exploring the area on your own or return to your hotel.
- Visit inside of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Skip-the-line access to the archaeological wonders of Rome
- See one of the best views of Rome, from the Pincio Terrace
- See Paintings by Caravaggio, Raphael, Titian and Statues by Bernini and Canova
- See one of the most incredible art collections in the world
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available from April 2020
- Children aged from 0-2 are free
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets to the Borghese Gallery
- Professional guide (tour in English only)
- Skip-the-line admission to the Colosseum and the archaeological area
- Professional guided walking tour of Ancient Rome
- Wireless headset
- Hotel pickup or drop off
- Transport towards the Colosseum
- No revealing clothing should be worn and shoulders should be well covered
- It is forbidden to bring strollers, have bulky bags and carry umbrellas on your person
- If you have a metal coated pacemakers, all relevant paperwork/ID cards should be carried for security checks