Ancient Rome and Colosseum Small Group Tour
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Small Group Tour is specifically designed for anyone looking for a comprehensive tour of the most important archaeological sites of Rome, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, and a visit to the symbol of Rome, the Colosseum.
Book our Ancient Rome and Colosseum Small Group Tour to visit the most important archaeological area in the Eternal City.
The tour will be in a small group of average 20 people, led by one of our English-speaking guides.
Our licensed guides will reveal all the history and secrets behind the ruins and buildings of Ancient Rome that you stumble upon during your walk. It will be like a journey through time!
Thanks to our pre-purchased skip-the-line tickets you will enter the Colosseum, also known as Amphitheatrum Flavium, without waiting in line!
Once inside, the guide will describe the gladiator battles, their combat techniques and traditions. You will learn about everything that took place inside this spectacular building: how it was built, what it was used for and how it survived until now.
Your second stop will be the Roman Forum. The Forum played a crucial role in the life of the Romans since all the important events used to take place here. Many ruins, columns, buildings and temples survived the test of time, but only with a guide will you be able to really understand their original uses and importance.
Your last stop will be the Palatine Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome. It is believed that this hill was very important for the Romans. Legend says that a she-wolf (“Lupa”) found two twins, Romulus and Remus, in a basket floating on the river Tiber. She decided to save them and hide them in a cave just on the Palatine Hill. Once grown up Romulus founded the city of Rome, supposedly in 753 B.C. During the Imperial Era, the Palatine became the location of choice for Emperors and rich Romans who built their palaces on this panoramic hill.
Go back in time with our Ancient Rome Small Group Tour.
- Learn about the history, characters and events of Ancient Rome
- Enter the Colosseum with skip the line entrance tickets
- Stroll the Roman Forum that once played a crucial role in the life of the Romans
- Explore Palatine Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Booking made less than 48 hours before tour time, we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability
- Available Everyday at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Year-round
- Arrive 15 minutes before the tour start time
- Live GuideEnglish
- Disability ServicesNot Wheelchair Accessible
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Entrance fees (Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill)
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Difficulty: this tour has a medium level of difficulty, since moderate walking is involved. Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- This tour is suitable for Solo Travellers, Couples, Children, Groups, Students and Business
- Please be aware that to enter the Colosseum it is necessary to pass a metal detector security check; although skip the line tickets are included, there may be some wait time to pass through security checks
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.