Siena, San Gimignano and Greve in Chianti With Wine Tasting in a Typical Winery
Upon arrival in Siena, we meet the local guide, who takes us on a guided tour of the historic centre, starting from the famous Basilica of San Domenico (inside visit), the tour continues then with the visit of the Museum and Oratory of a Contrada** (exclusive opening).
The “Contrade” (districts into which the city is divided) are the real core of local social life, where inhabitants of each district compete with each other, as they devote themselves to the preparation of the famous Palio horse-race. The Museum of a ”Contrada”, as well as its Oratory, is, therefore, the heart of the district. It is an intimate and secret place containing historical documents and wonderful relics of the famous Palio, as well as magnificent works of art which are normally not disclosed to the public.
The guided tour of Siena ends in its most beautiful square, Piazza del Campo, free time to continue exploring the city and for lunch (not included).
In the afternoon we reach San Gimignano, a small and world-famous walled town located on a hilltop, where to have free time at disposal for its fascinating discovery.
In the evening, we will arrive at a small and typical Winery where we will visit the suggestive Barrique room and taste 4 fantastic wines, sampling also locally produced “zero food miles”. Finally, we will stop in the picturesque village of Greve in Chianti, to end a memorable experience in the heart of Tuscany.
This tour needs to be booked 3 days in advance.
- Explore the amazing Greve in Chianti town
- See the madical hill town of San Gimignano
- Visit the beautiful Siena city
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 11 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children aged from 0-3 are free of charge
- French, German and Italian min. 4 pax
- English and Spanish min. 2 pax
- This tour departs on December 25th and January 1st
- This tour departs on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:30 am
- Easy Cancellation100% penalty for cancellation within the 72 hours before tour date or no-show
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Tour escort
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Greve in Chianti: 30 minutes approximately of free time
- Chianti Classico area: 1 hour approximately - Winery Guided Visit with Sampling of Wines and zero food miles products
- San Gimignano: 1.5 hours approximately of free time
- Domenico and Contrada Museum and Oratorio (exclusive opening), 1.5 hours approximately of free time
- Siena: 2 hours of guided tour with professional guide, inside visit to Basilica of San
- Transport to meeting point
- Weather appropriate clothing plus comfortable suitable footwear is advised
- When the museum and the oratory of the Contrada are not accessible, it will be replaced with the interior visit of the cathedral or another site of particular historic and cultural interest