Semi-independent Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti With Wine Tasting in a Typical Winery
Before your arrival in Siena, enjoy your road trip by bus with an onboard hostess that will provide you with all the historical information you need to enjoy 3 hours of free time in the historic centre. Visit the famous Basilica of San Domenico, the Museum and Oratory of a Contrada. The “Contrade” (districts into which the city is divided) are the real core of local social life, where inhabitants of each district compete with each other, as they devote themselves to the preparation of the famous Palio horse-race.
The Museum of a ”Contrada”, as well as its Oratory, is, therefore, the heart of the district. It is an intimate and secret place containing historical documents and beautiful relics of the famous Palio, as well as magnificent works of art which are typically not disclosed to the public.
In the afternoon we will reach San Gimignano, a small and world-famous walled town located on a hilltop, where you will enjoy some free time at disposal for its fascinating discovery.
In the evening, we will arrive at a small and typical Winery where we will visit the suggestive Barrique room and taste four fantastic wines, sampling also locally produced “zero food miles”. Finally, we will stop in the picturesque village of Monteriggioni, to end a memorable experience in the heart of Tuscany.
This tour needs to be booked 3 days in advance.
- Explore the Chianti Area
- Take in the beauty of the Monteriggioni surroundings
- See the magical hill town of San Gimignano
- Visit the beautiful Siena city
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 11 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children aged from 0-3 are free of charge
- French, German and Italian min. 4 pax
- English and Spanish min. 2 pax
- This tour does not operate on December 25th and January 1st
- This tour operates on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:30 am
- Easy Cancellation100% penalty for cancellation within the 72 hours before tour date or no-show
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Tour escort
- Chianti Area: Sampling of Wines and zero food miles products and free time in the medieval village of Monteriggioni
- San Gimignano: 1.5 hours approximately of free time
- Siena: 3.5 hours approximately of free time
- Depending on the weather wear appropriate clothing