Pisa & Lucca Private Luxury Tour From Florence
Visit Italy close up in our luxury Mercedes vehicles (tours from 1-8 people) with English speaking driver-guide taking you to the very heart of these splendid Tuscan cities.
At 0900 your driver will collect you from your Florence accommodation for the hour's journey to Lucca, a medieval city enclosed and protected through the centuries by an imposing 16th-century wall.
Start your day with a walk or bike ride on top of the walls following the beautiful tree-lined promenade which peers down into the gardens, piazzas and palazzi of the city.
Bike rental is an additional (optional) cost paid on the day of your tour at 5euro per bike, per hour.
Continue to explore and discover Lucca's highlights including the Church of San Michele in Foro standing on the site of the original Roman forum where Giacomo Puccini began his musical career as a choirboy, the church of San Frediano with 6th century origins and the tomb and mummified body of the patron saint of Lucca, Santa Zita (1278).
The unique Piazza Anfiteatro, once a Roman Arena and the Cathedral of San Martino which houses the precious holy relic, the Volto Santo, a cedar-wood crucifix said to be a true portrait of Jesus sculpted by Nicodemus, an eyewitness to the crucifixion.
Also, see the remarkable marble tomb of Ilaria del Caretto and Tintoretto's infamous 'Last Supper.' The city is filled with artisans and tempting delicatessens offering Tuscan specialities, and Lucca is particularly renowned for its olive oil.
Not to be missed are the underground cellars of Enoteca Vanni, with a tempting selection of wines from all over Italy and the lively shopping along Via Fillungo.
Lunch is at your own cost, and your driver can make recommendations and point you in the right direction. You may even wish to organize a wine-tasting lunch a local vineyard on the outskirts of town before taking the short drive to the 11th-century powerful maritime republic of Pisa.
Enjoy a driving tour of the city, which will lead you to the heart of one of the most important monuments in Italy, the breathtaking Piazza dei Miracoli dominated by four great religious monuments, the Leaning Tower, the Cathedral, the Baptistery and the Campo Santo cemetery.
Construction of the cathedral began in 1063 and the baptistery is the largest in Italy. The Leaning Tower of Pisa was begun in 1174 however when the tower reached its third story, works ceased as it started to sink into the ground and lean. It remained like this for 90 years before work commenced again in 1272 but was halted once more in 1284 when Pisa was defeated in battle.
The seventh floor was completed in 1319 with the bell-chamber finally being added in 1372. The top of the tower can be reached by climbing the 294 steps which rise in the form of a spiral on the inner side of the tower walls (pre-booked tickets recommended at 18euro per person).
It's an hour and a half drive from Pisa back to Florence with a return at around 1800. With your own private driver, entirely at your disposal throughout the day, this tour is flexible and if there is anything in particular that you wish to see or do, please let us know and we will do our best to incorporate this into your day.
- Personalised tour taking you to some of the wonderful hidden parts of Italy
- Fridge with bottled water
- Only the best in Mercedes sedans and minivans making your journey safe and comfortable
- Knowledgeable English speaking driver-guides with great character
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up serviceYour driver will collect you in the morning from your accommodation/hotel at 0900 with return at around 1800.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Bottled water in all vehicles
- Professional English speaking driver-guide
- Pickup and drop-off from your chosen location
- Lunches and wine-tastings
- Museum and Monument entrance fees as required
- Comfortable casual clothing and shoes - most Italian cities have cobbled and uneven streets
- this tour is flexible and if there is anything in particular that you wish to see or do, please let us know and we will do our best to incorporate this into your day.