Livorno Shore Private Luxury Tour to Florence and Pisa
Visit Italy close up in our luxury Mercedes vehicle (tours from 1-8 people) with your own English speaking driver-guide taking you to the very heart of these splendid Tuscan cities. At 0800 your driver will collect you directly from your ship in the port of Livorno for the hour's journey to the 11th-century powerful maritime republic of Pisa. Enjoy a short driving tour of the city, which will lead you to the heart of one of the most important monuments in Italy, the breathtaking Piazza dei Miracoli dominated by four great religious monuments, the Leaning Tower, the Cathedral, the Baptistery and the Campo Santo cemetery. Construction of the cathedral began in 1063 and the baptistery is the largest in Italy. The Leaning Tower of Pisa was begun in 1174, however, when the tower reached its third story, works ceased as it started to sink into the ground and lean.
It remained like this for 90 years before work commenced again in 1272 but was halted once more in 1284 when Pisa was defeated in battle. The seventh floor was completed in 1319 with the bell-chamber finally being added in 1372. The top of the tower can be reached by climbing the 294 steps which rise in the form of a spiral on the inner side of the tower walls (pre-booked tickets recommended at 18euro per person). It's then on to Florence an hour and a half drive) approaching the city through vineyards on the outskirts of Chianti and arriving into Piazzale Michelangelo which offers Renaissance views across the Ponte Vecchio, Duomo and Giotto's Tower.
Once in the city centre discover the city's prominent landmarks without too much walking as your driver gives you historical and cultural background information. Visit the splendid Gothic church of Santa Croce with the tombs of famous artists and writers such as Michelangelo, Galileo and Dante as well as-as its renowned leather school. Enjoy a stroll around the lively and colourful market of San Lorenzo where you will also find the Medici Chapels and the Loggia dei Mercanti. Discover splendid piazzas like Piazza del Duomo with the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and Giotto's Tower, Piazza Della Repubblica - a lively shopping area, beautiful Piazza Della Signoria and the Palazzo Vecchio with a copy of Michelangelo's David.
If you wish to visit the Accademia museum to see the real Michelangelo David we can pre-book your tickets (at around 16euro per person) so you won't have to waste any time standing in long lines. Wander past the huge Uffizi museum and across the Ponte Vecchio with its exquisite jewellery stores towards Palazzo Pitti and the Boboli Gardens. Break for lunch (at your own expense) - your driver will make suggestions and point you in the right direction or you may be tempted to taste your way around the authentic central food market overflowing with cheeses, salami, prosciutto, bread, pasta, olive oil, wine.
At around 15:30pm your minivan will be waiting for you to take you on the relaxing and comfortable journey back to your ship in the port of Livorno with arrival at around 1700. With your own private driver, entirely at your disposal throughout the day, this tour is flexible and if there is anything in particular that you wish to see or do, please let us know and we will do our best to incorporate this into your day.
- Knowledgeable English speaking driver-guides with great character
- Only the best in Mercedes sedans and minivans making your journey safe and comfortable
- Fridge with bottled water
- Personalised tour taking you to some of the wonderful hidden parts of Italy
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up serviceYour driver will collect you directly beside your ship in Livorno at 0800 with return to port at around 1700
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Port/ship pickup and drop-off
- Professional English speaking driver-guide
- Bottled water in all vehicles
- Museum and Monument entrance fees
- This tour is flexible and if there is anything in particular that you wish to see or do, please let us know and we will do our best to incorporate this into your day.
- Comfortable casual clothing and shoes - most Italian cities have cobbled and uneven streets