Highlights of Pisa & Cinque Terre Excursion From Florence by Train
The Leaning Tower of Pisa is, of course, one of the world-famous images of Italy and joining this tour you will have the opportunity to see it and take amazing pictures of that iconic site.
Depart from Florence to reach by train the city of Pisa, famous for Piazza dei Miracoli, hosting the Leaning Tower, today one of the most visited sites in Italy. After admiring the beautiful piazza with our expert guide its monumental complex, reach by train the Cinque Terre area to start an unforgettable tour along this magnificent coastline.
Meet your tour leader in Florence Santa Maria Novella train station and jump on a train to Pisa. During the trip, the tour leader will give us all information about history and curiosities of the sites you are going to see.
During the 1st part of the tour you will see the Pisa and its world-famous gems. During medieval times the old city of Pisa was a powerful trading centre and we can still see its abundance in the richness of the monumental complex of Piazza dei Miracoli that houses the Cathedral (also known as Duomo), the Baptistery, the Monumental Cemetery, and the remarkable Leaning Tower, from which Galileo Galilei carried out his experiments on gravity.
Later, together with your tour leader reach the enchanted area of Cinque Terre, where colorful villages are embedded among the rocks like pearls in a jewel, Italy.
Discover this romantic coastline and take plenty of amazing pictures. Stop first in Monterosso, with its double face, the old and the new city, the only of the five villages that features a sandy beach. Here you’ll have time at leisure to explore, have lunch or sunbath on the beach.
Then board on a ferry that will let you admire from a watery point of view the towns of Corniglia and Vernazza, perched on the cliffs.
At the end of the boat trip you will reach the most charming and romantic of the Cinque Terre villages: Manarola. The tiny harbour features a boat ramp, picturesque colourful houses facing the sea, a tiny piazza with seafood restaurants and cafés.
At the end of the tour, return to Florence by train.
- Admire Piazza dei Miracoli in Pisa
- Take beautiful pictures of the Leaning Tower
- An expert tour multilingual leader (bilingual)
- Visit 2 of the 5 villages: Monterosso and Manarola
- Admire Vernazza and Corniglia by the sea
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 12 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 10 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Roundtrip train tickets from Florence to Pisa and then to La Spezia and return
- Cinque Terre Park local train from La Spezia to Monterosso, and from Manarola to La Spezia
- Expert multilingual tour leader
- Cinque Terre ferry boat ticket
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- The operator is not responsible for any delay due to the state railways and suppliers of rail service in the event of sudden strikes, natural disasters, and any event which might cause delays during the day.
- Wear comfortable shoes and be ready for any weather conditions.
- Visitors must be able to ascend and descend paths and/or stairs.
- Unfortunately, wheelchairs and strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour.