Florence Highlights & Medici Family
The first part of this tour will take you on a journey through the Renaissance.n
First stop: the Uffizi Gallery. You can admire works by great artists: Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian, Caravaggio and many others. Our guided tour will let you discover the secrets behind Botticelli’s masterpieces, such as Primavera (Spring) and the Birth of Venus, hosted in a special room dedicated to one of the most appreciated artists of the Renaissance. The Uffizi art gallery offers you a wide range of gold-background panels, refined paintings, ancients’ sculptures, but also an insight into the Medici family. From the Uffizi terrace, you will enjoy a panoramic view of the Palazzo Vecchio (Old Palace) and the key monuments of Florence.n
And then, after the art of the Renaissance, let’s discover the Medici Family Intrigues in Florence!! Banking, commerce, and religious influence led the Medici Family to become one of the most powerful families in Florence, while tasting some of the best products of the Florentine food culture such as a Gottino (glass of Chianti wine), a selection of traditional Salami, Coccoli (deep-fried dough bites) and last a delicious home-made Gelato. The Medici story began when they migrated to Florence from a little town in Tuscany. Our professional guide will escort you on a tour across years of history safely preserved within the architecture, palaces, churches and art that were sponsored by the Medici Family.n
During the tour, we will have the opportunity to observe Palazzo Medici, Palazzo Vecchio. The most important civil building in the city; where we will also discuss the open air sculptures found within the Loggia Della Signoria. We will also observe the Pitti Palace which was home to the Medici family. Strolling along the banks of the Arno will bring us to Ponte Vecchio, a bridge famous for its beautiful gold jewellery; on the top of the bridge is the hidden Vasari Corridor, which allowed the Medici family to travel secretly and safely from their home at Pitti Palace to the government building, Palazzo Vecchio.
- Take pleasure sipping Chianti wine and tasting typical Tuscan Salami, coccoli (deep-fried dough bites) and Gelato
- Children must have an ID card to prove their age, otherwise the adult fare will be applied
- Hear about the history of Medici Family, admire Botticelli’s Primavera (Spring) and much more...
- Skip-the-line to the Uffizi Gallery
- Special price for Kids: a bargain for families!
- VIP experience in our Monolingual Small Group tour: 25 people or less
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 4 HRS
- Tour Start Time: MULTI
- Tour End Time: MULTI
- This tour is available: From Tuesday to Sunday except for 1st Sunday of the month
- Chianti wine and typical Tuscan Salami, coccoli (deep-fried dough bites) and Gelato
- Best of Florence: 2hrs monolingual guided small group walking tour of Medici Family
- Uffizi Gallery Skip the -line entrance: 2hrs monolingual guided tour
- Audio headsets, if needed
- Gratuities Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food, drinks and any other service not specified
- Personal expenses
Please be at the meeting point 15 min. before departure time for check-in.