Chianti and San Gimignano Private Luxury Tour From Florence
0 / 5 total 0 reviews
Duration: 9 hours
Visit Italy close up in our luxury Mercedes vehicles (tours from 1-8 people) with English speaking driver-guide taking you to the very heart of these splendid Tuscan cities. At 0900 your driver will collect you from your Florence accommodation for the hour's drive through a Tuscan landscape of vines, olive groves and hills topped with castles and abbeys, arriving into Chianti to visit and enjoy a wine-tasting at a either a small renowned family-owned farm or a castle estate (additional charge from 10-20euro depending on availability). Stroll around the enchanting market town of Greve-in-Chianti and delve into the enticing Antica Macelleria Falorni, specialists in wild boar as well as pecorino cheeses. Cross the rolling hills to Montefioralle a very tiny hamlet where Amerigo Vespucci was born, arriving into the Antinori vineyards at Badia di Passignano where lunch (at your own cost) can be enjoyed in a little osteria hidden amongst the vines. In the afternoon travel on to the hilltop town of San Gimignano with its charming historic cente; a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site. The town bears exceptional testimony to the civilization of the Italian Middle Ages in the 11-13th centuries as it groups together within a small area all the buildings typical of urban life with squares, streets, houses and palaces, wells and fountains. San Gimignano was importantly placed on a trade route as well as a relay point on the Via Francigena for pilgrims journeying to and from Rome. The town itself was controlled by two major rival families and was the scene of incessant conflicts between the two. As symbols of their wealth and power, there were once an incredible 72 towers rising above the rooftops, some as high as 50m. There are fewer towers nowadays, but the fourteen remaining are still impressive in the misty distance, forming an unforgettable skyline in the heart of an Etruscan landscape. The town is renowned for its saffron production and the white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Certainly not to be missed is a visit to Gelateria di Piazza, where Sergio Dondoli creates award-winning ice-cream with flavors including Vernaccia wine sorbet! After a day discovering the very heart of Tuscany, sit back, relax and enjoy the comfortable hour's journey back to Florence with arrival at around 1800. With your own private driver, entirely at your disposal throughout the day, this tour is flexible and if there is anything in particular that you wish to see or do, please let us know and we will do our best to incorporate this into your day.
- Knowledgeable English speaking driver-guides with great character
- Only the best in Mercedes sedans and minivans making your journey safe and comfortable
- Fridge with bottled water
- Personalised tour taking you to some of the wonderful hidden parts of Italy
Good to Know
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up serviceYour driver will collect you in the morning from your accommodation/hotel at 0900 with return at around 1800.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Professional English speaking driver-guide
- Bottled water in all vehicles
- Pickup and drop-off at your chosen location
- Monument and museum entry fees as required
- Wine-tastings and lunch
Meeting point at your chosen location in Florence
Know Before You Go
- this tour is flexible and if there is anything in particular that you wish to see or do, please let us know and we will do our best to incorporate this into your day.
Add new review
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.