Best of Renaissance and Medieval Florence Walking Tour
The most complete and thrilling guided walking tour starts from the peculiar Central market zone, characterized by its workshops and multicoloured stalls, where the Medici Chapels and Basilica di S. Lorenzo, the church of Medici’s Family, is located. In a short time, you can reach Piazza del Duomo, where you can admire the Cathedral and its dome by Brunelleschi, the Bell-Tower by Giotto, Saint John Baptistery with its Paradise Door.
The tour continues by visiting the medieval quarters where Dante Alighieri and Beatrice lived. Further on you can find Palazzo del Bargello. Not too far, there is Piazza Della Signoria, a great “open-air sculpture museum”, overlooked by the imposing Palazzo Vecchio. Next to the Uffizi Gallery, one of the most important museum all over the world.
Then you proceed to the picturesque Mercato Della Paglia (Straw market), where the famous Piglet Fountain is located. You walk along the street that leads to Ponte Vecchio, the “jewels bridge”. By crossing the bridge, you will reach the wonderful Pitti Palace where our tour ends.
This tour needs to be booked 3 days in advance.
- See the beauty of the Basilica of San Lorenzo
- Look around the amazing Medici Chapels
- Witness the beautiful L-shaped square of Piazza della Signoria
- Visit the wonderful sites of Ponte Vecchio and Pitti Palace
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 3 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children aged from 0-6 are free of charge
- Easy Cancellation100% penalty for cancellation within the 72 hours before tour date or no-show
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional guide
- Assistance at the meeting point
- Personal expenses
- Please bring with you documentation providing children under 7 years birth date. You will be asked to show these documents on arrival.
- Weather appropriate clothing including comfortable footwear is advised.