Private Pompeii - Vesuvius - Sorrento Tour 1 Day Tour
Pompeii offers a vision of a Roman town frozen in time due to the devastating eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
Herculaneum as Pompeii was a town buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD and which provides a complete and vivid picture of society and daily life of Roman society. Herculaneum disappeared under a pyroclastic flow of volcanic mud as Pompeii was buried under a thick layer of volcanic ash and stone.
In the morning we will travel along one of the most famous coast roads in the world that offers breathtaking scenery, for an unforgettable adventure. You will see characteristic locations like Vico Equense and Meta di Sorrento along the way until you reach Sorrento where you can enjoy shopping along the streets of downtown and try typical local dishes.
Midd-morning you will visit the Pompeii excavations that represent extraordinary scenes of the ancient Roman world thanks to their good state of preservation of the city, and which has remained practically intact after the eruption of 79 d. C.
Following the visit to the excavations, you will visit the city of Ercolano, from the archaic age and initially an indigenous settlement. The city was subsequently exposed to the Sanitarian, Greek, and Etruscan influence, and eventually to the predominant Roman presence, whose civilization is today witnessed by an ‘Outstanding state of conservation.’
In the afternoon we recommended lunch in one of the typical Vesuvian restaurants where you can taste high-quality local wines and cheeses. Then you can admire the beauty of the Vesuvius nature reserve visiting the top of Vesuvius.
- The stops of the itineraries can be interchangeable according tourist needs
- Be amazed by a 2 hour walking tour in Pompeii
- Enjoy sightseeing and shopping in Sorrento
- See spectacular scenes along the coast road
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Min 2 -Max 8 people per booking
- Pick-up servicePick-up and Drop-off Hotel / Harbor / Airport / Railway Station
- Disability ServicesOnly if people with disabilities can sit ,putting the wheelchair in the trunk
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Parking at the mentioned location
- Mercedes minivan
- English speaking driver
- Pick-up and Drop-off Hotel / Harbor / Airport / Railway Station
- Fuel surcharge, all taxes, fees and handling charges and local tax
- Tips to the guides are appreciated, but not expected
- Archeological site guide
- Entering archeological sites
- Vesuvius tour
- Entrance fees for Pompeii / Herculaneum are 11 Euro per person - free for children under 18 and adults over 65, possessing a European passport. Entrance fee for Vesuvius National park with guide: 6 euro
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes