Stairway to Heaven Shuttle Bus Day Tour
Forget the cliffs of Moher!!! Travel with us to Ireland's very own Stairway To Heaven in Fermanagh along The Cuilcagh Legnabrocky Trail on our Shuttle Bus Day tour from Dublin.
The Cuilcagh Legnabrocky Trail (16km return) is one walk within the long distance Cuilcagh Waymarked Way, a 33km walking route encapsulating Cuilcagh Mountain and its surrounding landscapes and townlands. It's a linear route which will appeal to walkers with some experience walking in the hills. The route is isolated and beautifully showcases the scenic wilderness of Cuilcagh Mountain.
The trail meanders along a quiet farmland track before traversing a wooden boardwalk that consists of a steady climb to the mountain face. Here a stepped boardwalk climbs through steep terrain and boulders fields before reaching the summit plateau.
A rough mountain path negotiates the wild summit plateau for a few kilometres before reaching an ancient cairn (the remains of a burial mound dating from the Bronze Age 2,500 – 500 BC) that stands at 666 metres (2,182 ft) above sea level.
The imposing mountain flanks of Cuilcagh give this walk a very atmospheric feeling providing breathtaking views, the most impressive view is of Lough Atona, a picturesque lake nestled at the foot of the mountain which was carved out by the glacier during the last Ice Age approximately 13,000 years ago.
An exciting walk with consistently stunning views of the Irish landscape, The Stairway To Heaven delivers on it’s name and is recommended for those seeking adventure and beauty.
- Price: €29 / €25 Concession
- Meeting Point: College Green Tourist Office, 37 College Green, Dublin
- Departs: Fri, Sat, and Sunday at 7 am
- Finish Location: Same as start - arrive back in Dublin at Approx 7.30pm
- Arrive Cuilcagh Mountain Park at approximately 10.30am
- Start your walk at 11 am latest - best time of the day when the mist has cleared. Allow 5 Hours max to get back to the bus which Depart's Fermanagh at 4 pm sharp.
- Arrive back in Dublin approx 7.30pm
- For those who do not wish to walk the full trail there is a shorter option - Walk 2km small loop on a short boardwalk path and visit The Marble Arch Caves. A Cafe and Toilets located here
- Bring: food, drink, snacks - leave no trace - there are several bins and seated areas along the track for you to rest /picnic but do not litter
Max Group Size: 20 people
Approx Cuilcagh Legnabrocky Trail Walking Distance (to the burial mound): 8 km (shorter routes available). There and back is approx 16KM
- Time: Allow 5 Hours. If your Very fit, you can do it in 3
- Terrain: Gravel track, boardwalks & exposed mountain path.
- Grade: Difficult
- Total ascent: 550metres
Please be aware that:
- It is important to choose a route that suits everybody in your group.
- Weather conditions on Cuilcagh Mountain can be quick to change & inhospitable all year round making way finding difficult in poor visibility at any time of the year.
- Equip yourself for walking in a mountainous area, waterproof clothing, boots, spare clothing, map, compass, first aid, food, drink etc.
- Carry a map and stay on the way marked trail. Be aware that mobile reception in the area is poor. Make sure your driver has the names and phone numbers of everyone in your group
- In an Emergency: call 999 or 101 and ask for Mountain Rescue.
The walk/tour is taken at the customer's own risk. Hidden Dublin Walks accepts no responsibility for personal injury, theft or harm of any nature, ON ANY PART OF THE TOUR OR AT ANY LOCATION, and reserves the right at all times to refuse admission, change, or cancel an event. By attending the events, you confirm that you are of suitable mental and physical health. By booking, you agree to the Terms of service and policy.