Giants Causeway and Game of Thrones Location Group Tour from Dublin
Venture into the fantasy world of Game of Thrones as you tour some of Northern Ireland's most memorable filming locations from the hit HBO series. After a rest stop that breaks up the drive, we stop by the Dark Hedges, where you will have around 10 15 minutes to stroll beneath the dramatically arched trees, snap photos of the natural wonder, and hear from your guide why it was chosen for the scene of Arya's nailbiting escape from King's Landing.Next stop is the Giant's Causeway, Northern Ireland's only UNESCO World Heritage site and one of its most visited attractions. Enjoy around 1 hour and 30 minutes to admire the spectacular landscapes, made up of some 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed by ancient volcanic eruptions. Continue to Larrybane and learn how it was the site of King Renly's Camp, where Renly swears to Lady Stark that he will avenge Ned's death, as well as doubling up as the Iron Islands in Season 6. You will have around 10 - 15 minutes to explore.
Next, continue to the picturesque coastal village of Ballintoy, where you'll have around 40 minutes of free time. Hear how Ballintoy Harbour served as the location for Theon Greyjoy's return to the Iron Islands, as well as scenes such as Theon's baptism, Euron's crowning, the burning of bannermen by Stannis and Melisandre, and the burial of Balon Greyjoy. We will drive along the Causeway coastal route and go through little towns like Ballycastle where you can enjoy views of Sheep Island and Rathlin Island etc.
We will then visit the Cushendun Caves for around 15 - 20 minutes, where Melisandre gave birth to a shadow assassin in front of a shocked Davos Seaworth. After that, we drive through the Glens of Antrim to go to Belfast. You will spend around 45 minutes of free time to admire the city sights. See the famous Crown bar, Belfast City Hall and it's Titanic memorial garden, Big Fish and Albert’s Clock etc. So stretch your legs, or grab some food (own expense) at one of the many cafes or restaurants. Your tour ends back in central Dublin around 7:30pm/ 8:30pm.
- Stop at Dark Hedges to snap photos of the dramatic arched trees and hear of Arya's nail biting escape from King's Landing
- Enjoy a quick photo opportunity when you stop at Dunluce Castle
- Explore the Giant's Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with ample time for discover its legends
- Travel to Larrybane and learn how it was the site of King Renly's Camp, where Renly swears to Lady Stark that he will avenge Ned's death
- In Ballintoy Harbour, take in the views and reflect on all the magic and mystery of Game of Thrones.
- See the beautiful view of islands just off the coast like Rathlin Island, Sheep Island or even Scotland on a nice day
- Visit the Cave of Cushendun where Ser Davos Seaworth brought Melisandre to give birth to a shadow assassin
- Drive through the Glens of Antrim
- Enjoy some free time to admire the city sights of Belfast
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 10 to 12 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Transport to all locations
- Knowledgeable Tour Guide
- Personal expenses
- Food and drink
- Pick up and drop off from hotels in Dublin
- Groups of 12 people or more will not be accepted, even if the group make separate bookings. This is to ensure that everyone else on the bus can enjoy a good time.
- There can be up to 60 people on board
- Fair bit of walking involved
- Children under 12 not recommended
- Bringing a packed lunch is advised in order to maximise time on the tour
- We do not have any dedicated lunch stop. Restaurants and pubs next to the Giant’s Causeway tend to be a bit overpriced. Also, it would take up the time that you could have spent in exploring the Causeway.
- All times are approximate. The locations might be visited in a different order, depends on traffic and weather.
- This tour is independently operated. It is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO or anyone associated with Game of Thrones.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1