Giants Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge Group Tour from Dublin
Meet your guide in central Dublin in the early morning to start your day. To break up the drive on the way, we will stop at a service station so you can get some coffee or breakfast. The first stop, the Dark Hedges, will be a 20 minutes stop.
The Dark Hedges, made famous as a filming location of the hit fantasy series Game of Thrones, were planted 270 years ago by the Stuart family as a driveway to their mansion Gracehill Manor. It is now the most photographed natural phenomenon in Northern Ireland.
Then you'll get to experience the beautiful location of Giant's Causeway for at least 1.5 hours. This must see World Heritage Site is Northern Ireland's most popular visitor's attraction and for good reason. Magnificent seascape and, of course, the awe inspiring hexagonal/polygonal stone columns that form the legendary Causeway itself, some of which reach 40 feet (12 meters) into the air. The Giant’s Causeway was declared a World Heritage Site in 1986. Here you can have a sit-down lunch if you prefer. The extra lunch stop time is added into the Causeway stop.
The next stop is Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. When the Rope Bridge is open, you will be able to cross it without paying anything extra. Carrick-a-Rede is an abandoned fishing island located just a few miles from the Giant’s Causeway. This 90ft deep, 60ft (27m, 18m) wide chasm is traversed by a traditionally built rope bridge which rewards the daring visitor with arguably the best views in the country. Spend approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes there.Another unique part of the tour will be going across the Glens of Antrim with amazing panoramic views, instead of driving around them, on the way back to Belfast.
Last stop of the day is Belfast. You will spend approximately 45 minutes here. Belfast has a very compact city centre and as a legacy of the Troubles, is also known internationally as the Northern Ireland conflict. Visit the Crown bar, Big Fish, Albert’s Clock and many more attractions in the city centre while you do some shopping or buy snacks for your journey back to Dublin. You will return to Dublin at approximately 7:30 pm/ 8:30pm
- Visit the most photographed natural phenomenon in Northern Ireland, the Dark Hedges
- Experience the beautiful location of Giant's Causeway
- If open walk the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, a traditionally built rope bridge which rewards the daring visitor with arguably the best views in the country.
- Drive through the Glens of Antrim and witness amazing panoramic views
- Enjoy some free time to admire the city sights of Belfast
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 12 to 13 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Knowledgeable and entertaining Tour Guide
- Transportation to all locations
- Luggage compartment
- Free time in Belfast City
- The Dark Hedges
- Carrick-a-rede rope bridge (cross for free when it is open)
- Personal Expenses
- Pick up and drop off from hotels
- Food, drinks and any other service not specified
- All times are approximate. The locations might be visited in a different order, depends on traffic and weather.
- Groups of 12 people or more will not be accepted, even if the group make separate bookings. This is to ensure that everyone else on the bus can enjoy a good time.
- Up to 60 people on board
- Fair bit of walking involved
- Children under 12 not recommended
- We recommend a packed lunch for your trip
- No bathroom facilities on the bus but regular stops on the way.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1