Cliffs of Moher Tour from Dublin
On our way to our first stop, we will stop at a service station to break up the drive. You will have the opportunity to stretch your legs and maybe get yourself a coffee or breakfast. This is a 15 minute rest stop.
We will then drive along a route that is filled with amazing views, Norman Tower houses, lakes, horses and other farm animals. A great way to see how real life and farming works in the West of Ireland.
We will now stop at Kilmacduagh Monastery for 30 minutes. Kilmacduagh Monastery has one of the finest collections of monastic buildings in the country. A very rare chance to take pictures of a 12th century Round Tower located among this abundance of early Christian buildings dating back to the 11th century.
Then we will be arriving at the day's star attraction the magnificent Cliffs of Moher. With 1.5 hours to explore, you'll have ample time to walk along the 702 foot (214 metres) high cliffs, learn more about the natural wonder in the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Center and take plenty of photos.
Don't forget to do the ledge experience inside the visitor centre. Entrance fees included. Next, you will stop for 30 minutes at the Burren. Where you can enjoy fantastic views out to the Aran Islands, Galway Bay and on a clear day the 12 Bens mountain range.
Be sure to bring your camera, as the unusual karst rocks make for some dramatic photo opportunities, and views stretch out towards the Aran Islands and the Twelve Bens mountain range.
Here you can find Mediterranean, Arctic and Alpine plants growing next to each other. You will now follow the entire Wild Atlantic way between Ennistymon and Galway. Passing historic landmarks such as Dunguaire Castle etc.
And driving through villages like Kinvara, Ballyvaughan, and Kilfenora. After arriving in Galway, you will have 1 hour to explore this amazing little city with cobbled streets. Your guide will walk you to Shop Street and Lynch's castle. You will have the opportunity to explore the city on your own or join your guide in showing you to the main street of Galway.
After Galway, we head back to Dublin. Arriving in Dublin around 7:30 pm 8:30 pm.
- Visit Kilmacduagh Monastery which has one of the finest collections of monastic buildings in the country
- Do the ledge experience inside the visitor centre when we reach the tours star attraction the Cliffs of Moher
- Enjoy fantastic views out to the Aran Islands, Galway Bay and on a clear day the 12 Bens mountain range when we stop at The Burren
- Pass historic landmarks as we travel the Wild Atlantic Way between Ennistymon and Galway
- Have free time to explore and shop in Galway
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 12 to 13 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up: 06:45 am, outside Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane, Parnell Square N, Dublin 1 which is also the drop off point(please be 5-10min early)
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance Fee to Cliffs of Moher Visitors Centre
- Knowledgeable and entertaining Tour Guide
- Transportation to all locations
- Personal Expenses
- Food and Drink
- Pick up and drop off from hotels
- Fair bit of walking involved
- We do not have any dedicated lunch stop. You can enjoy a sit-down meal at the Cliffs of Moher visitor centre (might be overcrowded in summer) or grab a packed lunch at Galway Plaza Service Station.
- Bringing a packed lunch is advised in order to maximise time on the tour.
- Using the restrooms before joining the tour is recommended. The first stop of the day would be around 2 hours away. During the day, there will be rest stops along the way. The closest bathroom facilities to our pick up would be the ones inside Rotunda Hos
- The locations might be visited in a different order ,depends on traffic and weather conditions.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1